Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doing your own Christmas Pictures

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

Do you take your own pictures and just print them out at home or at a photo print place?  Do you find that it's a lot cheaper and more convenient?  I'm trying to save some money this year since we're going to be buying a live tree for the 1st time.  And I'm thinking we'll spend $75-$100 buying the tree, tree stand, and lights.  I have a pre-lit artificial tree, but hubby wants a real one this year since this will be our 1st Christmas in our house.

So I was hoping to spend under $20 on pictures printed out and some photo greeting cards.  What are you doing for Christmas pics?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snoopy21276
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:08 PM

printed out own last year :) 

Brandymamaof4
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:08 PM

I did my own the last couple of years.. Here is the one I am using on the Christmas cards.

Screws just fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place.    John Bender: The Breakfast Club

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM

We had a family friend take ours last year, then I went online to Walgreens and made our own cards and ordered prints.

EsmeVincent
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM

we've never taken ds to get christmas pics done...I see nothing wrong with doing them yourself and getting them printed out...I did last year

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

thesephotosxo
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I did my dd's christmas pictures myself and then I will get a family one for the lowest price at owen mills or somewhere.

Here is my post with my dd's christmas pictures

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/10342851/Share_your_kids_Christmas_Pictures

ps. if you make an account at http://www.seehere.com/ and click on greeting cards, you can make your own christmas cards and change the quantity to 50 and checkout, put in this code: newbaby under discounts and you will only have to pay $3.19 instead of $25.00. I have done it twice so far, and my pictures come in 5 days WITH envelopes!

Cavalrybaby02
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I did ours last year.

I'm a photographer, but it's HARD to do your own pictures when you're in them too.

Here was ours last year:

Silvia1011
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Quoting Brandymamaof4:

I did my own the last couple of years.. Here is the one I am using on the Christmas cards.

Very nice picture!!! :) :)

Silvia1011
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Quoting thesephotosxo:

I did my dd's christmas pictures myself and then I will get a family one for the lowest price at owen mills or somewhere.

Here is my post with my dd's christmas pictures

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/10342851/Share_your_kids_Christmas_Pictures

ps. if you make an account at www.seehere.com and click on greeting cards, you can make your own christmas cards and change the quantity to 50 and checkout, put in this code NEWBABY under discounts and you will only have to pay $3.19 instead of $25.00. I have done it twice so far, and my pictures come in 5 days WITH envelopes!

Wow!  Thanks :)  And your pics are beautiful btw.

thesephotosxo
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM

thank you. =]

i did christmas cards through that site on a tuesday and i got them on a saturday. then did my new years cards [just because it was only 3.19!] on a monday and got them on a friday!

Emmy217
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:29 PM

We kind of did our own. A friend of mine came over to our house and did them for us for free. All we did was hang up a sheet and start snapping pics. We have pics of my daughter alone with a little christmas tree. She did them for free then we just went and printed what we wanted to at walmart. I say go for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)