Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the BIG gift this year?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:08 PM
  • 56 Replies

My daughter is getting an easel, Littlest pet shop get better center, littlest pet shop fitness center, Baby alive wets n wiggles(it's he rblack baby she's been asking for)and a zhu zhu pet in it's ball, not to mention all the Princess and the Frog stuff she is asking Santa for,  Not really sure what the "biggie" is, lol. 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mistie900
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM

We are getting my kids toddler beds for their biggie. My daughter is in a twin right now but they need more room and I think she will really like to have a bed just her size.

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:15 PM

A Wii plus 2 games for it.Also lots of other little stuff.We broke the bank on her this Christmas lol.. 

Lilypie
Brandymamaof4
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:16 PM

The boys are each getting a DSL with a couple of games, My 5 year old is getting an American Girl Doll, Kit Kittridge, I have no idea what the big gift is going to be for my two year old.

Also they are each getting a couple of books, a movie,  a new outfit each, new shoes and pjs.

Screws just fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place.    John Bender: The Breakfast Club

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:16 PM

We bought our 8 year old a ton of things, lol... but the most anticipated is the DSi. If you "most expensive" when you say "big gift", it would be a tie between the DSi and the games for that, and the American Girl doll and clothes for the doll. Both are going to run about $215 each when we are finished buying the accessories.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

Little_bug
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:16 PM

ahhh that's sweet.  My daughter would have HATED it if I downsized her, lol.  When we moved her from the crib and converted the crib to a todler bed she was not thrilled, as soon as she went into the twin she was sleeping like a baby(so to speak) lol I would have loved to get her a sweet little toddler bed, like a princess one or something, but, she was NOT having that.

Quoting mistie900:

We are getting my kids toddler beds for their biggie. My daughter is in a twin right now but they need more room and I think she will really like to have a bed just her size.

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:17 PM

From us - our son is getting a train table and full train set and our girls are getting a LARGE doll house. My sister is also giving them their slightly used Hummer power wheel (me niece got it for her b-day and only rode it a total of 3 times) and my mom is buying them all a playhouse for the backyard.

snoopy21276
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Kids are getting Leapsters this year!!!!!! One arrived today ( green from toysrus) and the other purple from ebay with 5 games is on the way!!!!!!!! They are 4 and 5.. we spent around 110 for everything!!!!! 

lvnmylif
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Our big gift is always the family gift.  This year it's a Wii with Mario cart, family game night and mario party 8.  My big gift for my sister and her fiance are tickets to see the Cirque show O.  The big gift for DH is an I phone. 

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:19 PM

My son's two biggies are his trike and the v-motion!

carastacey
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Two power wheels are their big gifts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)