Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Legal drink age changed to 18...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  • 85 Replies

What is your opinion on the legal drinking age being changed to 18? should it be changed or should it stay at 21?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abbysmommy429
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Stay the same IMO; teens still are not old enough to rationalize and think logically at 18, well not even at 21 either! 

CafeMom Tickers
usafwife314

Definitely should stay at 21 if not higher!  There are 18 year olds in High School...just doesn't seem right.

lvnthegoodlife

I'm really on the fence about it, on one hand I feel if you are old enough to defend this country then dammit you should be allowed to have a drink, then on the other hand there are alot of immature 18 year olds that can't handle it, but then on the other hand there are alot of 18 year olds that are way more mature than most people 21 or older!! So honestly I don't know lol.

akataml

Here in alberta, its 18, has been for as long as i remember 

funnymonkey.jpg funny as image by kingbajafunny-7.jpg Icon image by AnimeDeath543210050.gif mouse dance image by ghostly3

mommy2twoangel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM
IMO if you change it or leave it the same it won't make much difference. 18 year olds that are going to drink are already drinking and driving. People are going to drink no matter what the legal age. If they can get it, they will drink it.
Mom_2_be2008

I think it should stay the same...

MrsGonzo517

Agreed!

Quoting abbysmommy429:

Stay the same IMO; teens still are not old enough to rationalize and think logically at 18, well not even at 21 either! 

toddler boy                    in love

scootermom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Quoting lvnthegoodlife:

I'm really on the fence about it, on one hand I feel if you are old enough to defend this country then dammit you should be allowed to have a drink, then on the other hand there are alot of immature 18 year olds that can't handle it, but then on the other hand there are alot of 18 year olds that are way more mature than most people 21 or older!! So honestly I don't know lol.

pregomamma921
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I agree. I have to write an argumentative paper and I can't decide.

Quoting lvnthegoodlife:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I think it should be 21 unless you are ACTIVE military, if you are old enough to die for the country you should be able to have a beer before you go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)