Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this selfish???

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:11 PM
  • 45 Replies

Ok so i went to the Dr today and everything is looking good and she offered to induce me on the 16th, i am due on Christmas Eve, of course I was excited and said of course i am sooo ready to have this kid!!  So it still has to comfirmed by the hospital but i was all happy to have an actual date set to have the baby. So i call my hubby and he isnt happy at all. :( he wants me to wait until his family gets here. Of course i want them to be here(i love my inlaws) but at the same time I want this kid out and it kinda hurt to have him not support me. I have already talked to my mom and she is fine with it, she wont be here for it tho. My MIL doesnt want me to have it a week early, she says a week is a lot of time to grow which i understand but i still cant help but feel that it will be jsut fine coming a week before the due date. she also wants me to get a second opinion which i dont think i will do, i trust my dr and there is no way i would swich dr's right now.

Now there a few reasons other than just wanting this baby out that would make the 16th nice for me. 1) i know for a fact i would have MY Dr (i didnt have my dr when i had my first, and never want to do that again) 2)i really would like to be able to have a relaxed Christmas and not have to spend it in the hospital 3) Having a date planned for it would make everything easier from getting my son to someones house to be watched amd i wouldnt have to worry about "is it time? should i go to the er or wait?" you know what i mean?

i just feel a little bummed out having my hubby not as supportive as i was hoping he would, and the same with my mil. i wanted her to call me but i dont know when that will be i guess she is in a meeting today.

I dunno, am i being selfish for wanting to have the baby a bit early? are there risks? ill still being at term, how could a few days be bad?? i dunno, what do you all think?? any input would be nice

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM

since no one else will be birthing that baby except you - do what YOU feel is best.

southernjess3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:14 PM

i was induced..she didnt want to come out. she finally showed up..on her due date..and a bad 18 hour labor...i had her december 21 and was in the hospital 4 nights

CafeMom Tickers

ilovetracilynn
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:15 PM

i had my son by csection at 38 weeks  2 wks early and he is fine. maybe ur inlaws could visit sooner so that way its all set. i dont really know what to say bout that sorry

baby

MOMMY TO TRACI AND GEORGE 4TH
scootermom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Quoting eyeheartsin:

since no one else will be birthing that baby except you - do what YOU feel is best.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Sorry if this sounds rude or bitchy, but you asked and yes I do think its selfish. Unless there is a medical reason behind being induced, IMO, I wouldnt do it. But thats just me.

marshsmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I agree you should do what you feel is best for the baby, not the family or yourself.  Also, be sure to educate yourself on the risks involved with induction.  It can make the contractions much more painful and can interfere with labor causing a c-section.  I was induced because I was 2 weeks late but if I had known then what I know now I might have given it more time.  I ended up with a c-section which was NOT in my birth plan.  Good luck!

TheTaoOfKim
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Do what is best for you and your DH. I had tons of issues with my pregnancy and just giving birth, had I listened to what anyone else wanted and complied I think I would have been very upset with myself. I did what was best for DH and I and no one else. 

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I had a scheduled c-section(baby was breech) a week before my due date.She was just fine,no breathing isues,just a healthy 7lb13 oz little girl. I don't think its selfish,I wouldn't want to be stuck in the hospital for Christams if i could help it.Your dh will get over it as soon as he holds his baby!

Lilypie
TheTaoOfKim
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Quoting marshsmom:

I agree you should do what you feel is best for the baby, not the family or yourself.  Also, be sure to educate yourself on the risks involved with induction.  It can make the contractions much more painful and can interfere with labor causing a c-section.  I was induced because I was 2 weeks late but if I had known then what I know now I might have given it more time.  I ended up with a c-section which was NOT in my birth plan.  Good luck!

I was 'induced' and my body wouldn't even go into labor. When I was offered a c section or another induction I jumped at the c section.

cleo1977
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM

i think your fine..anyway i have an idea ..i think you should hop on that horse thats on your profile and you wont even have to worry about being induced..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)