Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carseat question

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

How did you fit 2 carseats in your car safely? The back seat in my car is a bench seat. I know newborns are supposed to go in the middle. However, I put the baby car seat in the middle and my sons carseat on the end and it just doesn't fit. So, I'm going to have to put one on each side. How safe is that? And who do I put on which side or does that not matter? I'm going to have my husband try when he gets home.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ColtonKeatonMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:20 PM

My kids are on each side of the car. Oldest is on the driver side, youngest is on the passenger side (so I can reach him if he looses his pacifier....only when I stop though)

CaeliMommyUSMC
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:21 PM

This is how it is in my car also.

Quoting ColtonKeatonMom:

My kids are on each side of the car. Oldest is on the driver side, youngest is on the passenger side (so I can reach him if he looses his pacifier....only when I stop though)

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM

The center is the safest position so that is where you want the least protected child.  RF children are the most protected so if your son is FF he should be the one in the middle.  I know it seems backwards but that's what the techs say!  I have captain's seats in the center row of my van so my son has been on the side for a long time.

MommaBunch84
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:17 PM

The middle is only the safest when you can have a good install there. If having a seat in the middle is making the outboard seat beside it not install properly, then it isn't the safest. The SAFEST position is wherever you can get the best install for all seats. In my vehicle I CANNOT have a seat in the middle. Its right in my vehicle owners manual. So my boys ride outboard. So your children would be safest having properly installed seats outboard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)