Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gun+2 year old= you're an idiot

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

so a girl i was friends w/ when we were freshmen in highschool (before she moved) sends me a picture text and when i open it i can't believe what i see. Her 2 year old daughter is holding and shooting a gun by herself while her parents just sit there! i don't understand what is wrong with her she always does stupid stuff like that!  i don't want this to be some drama post about guns and kids i'm talking about this particular situation. After she sends the picture to me she calls and starts bragging about it and the fact that her daughter calls her 2 month old son shit head and all these other horrible names! Before she's told me that her daughter has chores and that one is to wash the dishes by hand even steak knives? If she doesn't do them she gets in trouble? wth she's a 2 year old girl! let her be the 2 year old girl! I have 2 year old twin boys and yes they are slightly behind but still they are no where near actually doing things like this. Any time i say something (not rude) she flips out on me saying that i am telling her how to raise her kids. Example w/ the dishes: Oh really? Wow she's a big girl. The boys don't have chores per say they help pick up their toys but just stuff like that. IDK what to say to her. or should i say anything idk what to do

Daisypath Wedding tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma43789
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM

someone please what do i say to her or do i say anything? i'm scared that this little girl will get seriously hurt or worse with some of the things her mom and dad let her do

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:49 PM

She sent you a picture of a two-year-old firing a gun?  Like a pistol or a hunting rifle?  How would you get a picture of that?  It would knock the child over.  Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying??

momma43789
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

She sent you a picture of a two-year-old firing a gun?  Like a pistol or a hunting rifle?  How would you get a picture of that?  It would knock the child over.  Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying??

a 22 cal cricket rifle they have no kick

2gud2btrue
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:57 PM

yeah i would be saying something.  like "knock that shit off or this pic is getting forwarded to the police."  is that even legal? 

Bekah062205
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM

i would take it to the police station and show them....that is fucking crazy,and what if that little girl decides she is mad at her brother and shoots him? i dont see this turning out so well....definitely take it to the police station

momma43789
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:03 PM

thanks for your opinions that's kinda what i was thinking except i was gonna call the police and cps where she lives (wayyyyy on the otherside of kansas)

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:10 PM

How do you know she was firing it? How do you know if it is even loaded? Sorry, but CPS and the police are not going to take her child for hearsay or a photo that does not do anything but show a child holding a gun. Especially since her parents were there. Sitting, yes, but still present. And there is nothing wrong with a child having chores. My DD is 2y and advanced, but she is still not capable of actually washing the dishes alone. She does help me with them though (her choice).

MyspaceMummy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Oh my...I am sitting here looking at my 2 year old dd and saying no way would I let her wash dishes, let alone knives or hold a gun! That woman is crazy! And someone should do something before that lil girl gets hurt. 

~~~Dina Marie

I AM A GOD LOVING, SAHM OF 6 WONDERFUL CHILDREN. LOVING WIFE OF 4 YEARS. I BREASTFED SWITCHED TO FORMULA WITH ALL OF MY CHILDREN. I LET MY FAMILY EAT JUNK FOOD IF THEY WANT IT, I VACCINATE, I SPOIL MY KIDS, I AM A NIGHTMARE CUDDLER, I AM A BEDTIME KISSER, I AM A SMOKER, I DRINK ON OCCASION, LOVE TO COOK, LOVE TO READ, MY HOME IS NEVER TIDY BUT ALWAYS CLEAN "IF" SOME ONE SHOWS UP, ALWAYS LATE TO ANYTHING KIND OF MOMMY AND WIFE. I AM PRO CHOICE, PRO GAY MARRIAGE, OBAMA LOVING AND PROUD OF IT. IT'S JUST WHO I AM.

m0ml0v3s2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I have major issues with this it makes me want to beat someones ass seriously I am from the south and my family are redneckish and we have always been arround guns our whole lives and you can take my kids in the woods and leave your gun unloaded of course sitting there they know f*ing better than to lay a finger on it or momma will get em', guns need to be respected and treated like what they are not toy instruments of death they arent for amusement, this is the exact reason that they are trying to make them impossible to own idiots acting stupid.  I am sorry to say this but your friend needs her butt kicked and those kids need to be removed from her care before one ends up dead, we teach our kids to respect guns, I do not allow toy guns in my house either for this reason if its really goofy looking thing that in no way resembled a real gun maybe but the water guns and others that look real no way.  Our family believes that guns are used for 1 thing and one thing only survival whether that be to kill food or to kill someone or something that is trying to kill you.

momma43789
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

How do you know she was firing it? How do you know if it is even loaded? Sorry, but CPS and the police are not going to take her child for hearsay or a photo that does not do anything but show a child holding a gun. Especially since her parents were there. Sitting, yes, but still present. And there is nothing wrong with a child having chores. My DD is 2y and advanced, but she is still not capable of actually washing the dishes alone. She does help me with them though (her choice).

I knew there would be someone. b/c when her mom called me they were still outside and she said she was and i could hear it. i understand there is nothing wrong with a child having chores but when this little girl is supposed to wash all the dishes or else she gets in trouble i find that rediculous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)