Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many children do you want?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:35 PM
  • 36 Replies

Honestly I only want the one son that I have. When I was younger I never wanted to be a mom. I wouldn't give it up and I love my son more than anything in this world but I don't want anymore. I wish I could get my tubes tied now but they won't do it. That my sound bad to some of you but that is my perogative. So how many do you want or have? Why?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenzachsam
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I want only 4 to even it out lol!!  No, I just want a large family.  I should stop at 3 though.

Proud Mom Of 3 Boys

Jen wife to Sam and mom to 3 boys Zachary, Daniel, and Jasper.  Jasper is a CDH baby. 

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:37 PM

I have 4 and I want 5.  I have always said I was going to have 5 kids.  Now, I think it will be true.  I probably would have stopped by now, but I would like to have a girl.  I have 4 boys.

I know some people that don't want kids at all.  I don't judge anyone by their choices.  I feel people just do what feels right to them.

Brenna
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM

2 and we have 2.  My husband and I are both one of 4.  It was too much growing up in that chaos.

jennylynne2003
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM

I started off not wanting any. when i was 18 i went to the doc for my tubes to be tied ... of course wouldnt do it. Then i got pregnant i wanted a girl got a boy. okay im done. got married talked me into another one okay ill have a girl... got a boy. ooops pregnant again okay this better be a girl..doc says a girl i go out buy all things pink... guess what its a boy, damn it. but now i cant see having a girl. so now im done somehow i ended up with 3 and love them all even though they are a pain.

Ixchel183
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

6-10 is how many i want. but i will only have how many i can afford and take care of. right now that is only one...someday i hope that number to be quite higher!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

mommyof2grls06

My husband wanted one, I want six and we have 3. lol. I have convinced him to go for four, just to try for his boy, but then we're done. Our car won't fit more than 4 kids right now anyway.

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

A proud Christian, Republican, Anti- Gay marriage, Natural childbirth having, Pro-Life for babies NOT convicts, Extended breastfeeding, Baby wearing, Attachment parenting, Extended Rear Facing and Extended Harnessing, ANTI- CIO, Co-sleeping, mommy to my 3 beautiful girls and wife to my Marine!

jerlyn13

When we first got married, I wanted two...now that I have one of each I would love to have one of each again......My DH will try for one more so I am hoping for twins ;)

oboe_chik
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I just want the 2 I have...I never really though about how many kids I wanted to have while growing up I just knew I wanted to have more than 1 because I am really close to my sister. We got a girl first and then a boy so I said "thats perfect one of each...im done." My SIL is cooking her 5th right now (she said after the 4th her hubby was carrying the 5th but it didn't work out that way) and they are all 7 yrs and younger...I think thats kinda crazy.

usafwife314
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I have 3 girls.  I always said I wanted 4, but talking DH into another will be tricky.  I will have as many as DH approves..and not in a creepy kind of controlling way.  He came from a large family and has always said he doesn't want that for his family.  Of course I am an only child so of course I want my kids to have brothers and sisters.

alexa_n_mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:41 PM

I want 5 more. Total of 6.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)