Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Memories of Loved Ones

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, my grandma passed way 10 days after her 70th birthday. She had been saying the last few months that Jesus (very religious woman) was making her chair and he was making it grand and once her chair was finished and she could sit next to him she would. November 24th we found he must have finished that chair of hers. For me I think I am taking it the hardest I was the one that didn't work so I spent a lot of time with her and if I couldn't make the 35 mile trek due to weather or for whatever reason we talked on the phone for hours. She was like a teenage girl and would by the celeb gossip mags and she would make sure whoever got them for her got 2 of each copy one was to go to me and one to her so we could read them and then gossip later on. To me it was so much fun to have a grandma like that. Well this is also the 5th death in 18 months for my family so I am having a hard time a horribly hard time. I have been seeing a therapist since my brother was killed in Afghanistan and she said maybe I could start a convo with someone about memories of loved ones and remember the good times :) So what a better place to do than a place with thousands of loving mommas?? So I am going to start out about my brother and then my grandma.

The one memory I have of my brother is his always even though I was 5 years younger love to include me into things. I picked out his prom flowers, his tuxes, his colored contacts when he was feeling weird haha...I loved that to him it didn't matter that I was the younger sister I didn't annoy him like I did the rest of my siblings he always found a way to include me.

My grandma well the one thing that I loved about my grandma was her sense of things haha. She didn't have much money but she insisted in buying gifts. My cousin and I were 6 months apart so we always got the same thing no matter how different we were..Shes single living the life in downtown Seattle I am married with 2 children haha...She every year would buy us those $5 50 piece makeup kits. We finally had to start using them when she started asking where they were so we learned well just mess up the eyeshadows a little bit leave a bottle of the nail polish out and she would see it and be happy. Well one day I decided to take it farther and put on the lipstick it came with before she got there. Well if you know what I am talking about its bright red lipstick or dark brown lipstick well I put on the red. She got there and said "you look like a hooker why in the world would you have that color of lipstick?!" and was appaled haha I could not help but crack up and go take it off. I will never forget that moment..

So, ladies what are your favorite memories of your loved ones??

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dresmommary
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:41 PM
my mom past 2/10/04. even the bad memories are good ones for me =(
heidi_val
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:50 PM

My Dad..... My mom, my brother, my dad and I went to burger king(this was many many years ago) and we all ordered what we wanted and when it came to my dad, he saw something on the menu he wanted. It was listed as  "ch burger meal", so that's what he ordered. he thought it was a cheeseburger meal. Well at that time, for some reason, the person behind the counter delivered the meals to the table. We all take ours and what was left was a  paper box(like a happy meal) in the shape of a fire engine.  We couldn't stop laughing and we were all tears except my dad, he was pissed. The "ch burger meal" meant childrens burger meal not cheeseburger meal. We made fun of him for many years after that. We would laugh hysterically and my father would sit there and get mad. It was hilarious.

My grandmother....My parents went away for the weekend and she came to stay with us for the weekend. We were in the living room(her, my brother and I) and we were throwing a ball or something and it accidentally hit the chain to turn the ceiling fan on and it hit pretty hard, that it swung and broke the light on the fan. It has like three light bulbs with a glass shade, so the shade broke. We take it down to fix it. We find the super glue and glue it back, we put it back up and you couldn't even tell it was broken. So we thought we were safe. Well, someone forgot to put the cover on the super glue and the glue leaked all over the wooden kitchen table and the paper towels we were using got soaked in  super glue and the paper towels stuck to the table. We peeled them off as best we could but they just wouldn't come off. We didn't want to scrub to hard because we didn't want to ruin the wood. To this day, you can still see where the paper towels were glued to the table.

Rebecka83
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I know what you mean by even bad ones are good ones.

Fire Engine kids meal thats funny! My dad would have came unglued and we would have done the same thing by never letting him live it down! I think we did something of the sort we broke a glass table at my grandmas house and we tried to glue it back together but she had some sort of like candle warmer that got hot and melted it and it kind of started to sag we were like uhh we dont know what you are talking about!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)