Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you clean a microfiber/suede couch?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi Ladies.......I have two of those microfiber type couches.  I don't know how to spot clean them without it leaving a mark on them (like a water mark).  How do you clean them?

Thanks

Jen

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:09 PM

I unzipp the covers and throw them in the wash. My whole couch unzips. I dont dry them thought I let them air dry.

jennylynne2003
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I have those, clean the stain and blot dry then use the blow dryer on cool and it works.

stefvan
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM

We just got microfiber.  The salesman said to use a damp cloth.  He also gave us some stuff to use if a damp cloth doesn't work.  Maybe you could call around to some furniture stores and see if they have some cleaner. 

MishiKat08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:14 PM

My mom took my microfiber couch and it had a ton of coffee stains on the seats. All my mom did was use her steam cleaner and it looks brand new. :) Good luck!

eyeheartsin
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:14 PM

I use a damp cloth for the stationary back and sides. My sitting cushions unzip so I take them off and hand wash them in the sink then let air dry.

Mommyto2kids09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I just went through this last night with mine. My DD colored on the front of them with an ink pen...my couches are light brown...we got this stuff from walmart the brand is blue magic its a stain and spot lifter its over in automotive i think and it took the ink out and didnt leave a mark after it dried. Its good stuff it takes everything out. Its cheap too its only like 2 bucks a can. We just spray it on the towel and scrub what ever spot needs it.

mrs.will

I USE A 50/50 MIX OF WATER AND VINEGAR AND A SOFT TOWEL. YOU MAY NEED TO WET YOUR CLOTH  WITH MORE OF THE MIXTURE FOR TOUGH STAINS OR SPOTS IF YOU HAVE ANY. AND I WOULD RECOMMEND DOING IT AT NIGHT CAUSE THE VINEGAR IS OF COURSE STRONG BUT IT WILL AIR OUT AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO SMELL IT ONCE THE COUCHES ARE DRIED. WORKS GREAT FOR BOTH OUR COUCHES AND OUR KIDS HAVE MADE QUITE A FEW MESSES BUT THEY ALWAYS COME OUT.

SusanD
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I pay a carpet shampooing company that does upholstery cleaning to come out and do the carpets and the sofas once a year. It costs me about 125.00 to have the upstairs (3bd, and hall) and the sofa and love seat done. It makes them look brand new (or almost) again. My sofas are almost 7 years old and honestly in really good condition because of it. I'm getting new sofas this year, now that the toddler is old enough to not spit up on things and knows better than to wipe his nose on the couch and such.

GrapesMommy

i use my little steam cleaner to clean mine and they look brand new everytime!

CafeMom Tickers
mommyofblueyes
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

We use a steam cleaner.  It dries overnight!  (: 

"And Shepherds we shall be   For thee, my Lord, for thee.   Power hath descended forth from Thy hand   Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.   So we shall flow a river forth to Thee   And teeming with souls shall it ever be.             

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)