Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Notify CPS? plus edit

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:13 PM
  • 32 Replies

I live in an apartment complex which is on my state's section 8 list. It was not when I moved in 2 1/2 years ago let me make that clear from the start. DH and I qualify for housing aid but it would take us a year to get the paper work together and we were happier living in better conditions.

Now, a family moved in around a year in for DH and I. Starting with mother, father, 2 teenage girls, and an infant boy. Now I have dealt with their noise and how rude they are parking their car straight on top of the white lines therefore taking 2 spots. Just this year the mother had another child, a baby girl. Her oldest daughter is also pregnant. The last few months I've considered calling CPS for the little boy. He had a broken arm after his father dragged him from the car by ONE ARM! His car seat has NO LINING and if they all travel together in the ONE CAR he sits on one of the older sister's laps.

NOW to the point that upsets me the most. They love to park right next to my car as often as possible and they dent my car and scratch it I'VE WATCHED and asked them to not put their things on my vehicle and so on. So when they brought the infant girl home she was in an infant carrier and everything necessary. For the past month we have seen only the boy's car seat in the car. WELL, today and the last few days I have watched them all pile into the car and the INFANT GIRL IS MADE TO STAND BETWEEN AN OLDER SISTER'S LEGS BEHIND THE DRIVER SEAT! This poor little girl probably is just learning to stand and she is STANDING ON THE FLOOR OF THE CAR between some one's legs!

Should I contact CPS? This family of 6 with 1 on the way is living in a 2 bedroom aparment WAY over fire code. I just don't know if it is my place to say something. These children are in serious danger!

Thoughts? Advice? HELP HELP HELP

EDIT: Since people can't seem to understand the part that upsets me the most I will highlight it. The point about my car is the fact that I would never have known if they didn't always park next to me and I didn't have to keep a constant eye on my car.

Update: Called CPS and have a worker coming out to talk tomorrow. I do not know the name of the family but if they come back tonight I am to get their license plate and call back.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3girls0620
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM

why wouldn't you call? a child is in danger so of course it's your place to call

Mommi2Kailee
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:16 PM

I've just been taught to leave other families be. I have no idea how to go about it.

Quoting momto3girls0620:

why wouldn't you call? a child is in danger so of course it's your place to call

HutsonMom07
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I would and wouldn't think twice about it. I would also give proof that many people can not fit in one car!! I hate people like that. I hate hate hate that type of shit. Like seriously make the teenagers stay home!! Do it mamma, for the sake of her poor kids and the one thats on the way.

alexa_n_mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM
HutsonMom07
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM

It is okay to leave other families be, but come on the little boys arm was broken because of his fathers carelessness. Call. Who knows what could happen to that little boy or those other little kids in their parents car, what if they get into a car accident? I mean if something happened you would never forgive yourself for not calling them in. And you don't want that, you just want them to be safe. Call Mamma :)

Quoting Mommi2Kailee:

I've just been taught to leave other families be. I have no idea how to go about it.

Quoting momto3girls0620:

deltacogirl
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Call.

mommibee
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Yes, Yes, and Hell Yes!  This is more than unacceptable it is child neglect and abuse!

mommatbot
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

When you see a parent disciplining their child...stay out of it, when you see the things you are seeing...DON'T stay out of it.

sryle
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Always report a child in danger... I was picking my son up at prek, and I saw another parent put their kid into a front seat of a car (4 year old) and not strap them in... I think there was a booster, but it was up front, and I didn't see him put on the seatbelt before driving away... you can bet I mentioned it to my son's teachers... another time I saw a woman driving an SUV with older kids in the back, and an INFANT car seat in the front... wrote down the license plate number & reported them. Child safety is nothing to play with. It's really hard for me to mind my own business when it's an innocent child involved who can't fend for themselves... someone has to!

I am a politicially incorrect conservative, Christian, Pro-Life, breast & bottle feeding, extended rear facinganti co-sleeping, CIO, vaccinating, circumsising, disposable diapering, last resort spanking, time out giving, postative reinforcement using, safety harness using, young married working mommy... to my happy, healthy little boy and girl!!

Katenemsmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM

When in doubt call.  CPS can decide if its really a problem or not, but I'm a mandated reporter and I was instructed, when in doubt call.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)