Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old was your baby when (edit)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • 12 Replies

you fed him or her cheese?  What about cooked chicken as long as its super soft like in soup?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluesky51201
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Both of my boys were over a year before we gave them any dairy products.

bigmommasmomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

My DD never had a taste for that. I tried when she was 2 ish

mommyoftwo395
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:22 PM

about 10 months...It been awhile since they were that small... 

May the Joy of the Holidays be with you and your family...

savedbygrace316
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I'm wondering this too!

baby 1stholiday

carlinaiden
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Ive tried to feed him cheese since around 1 (hes 2 now) and he wont eat it! lol. i love cheese, Im always snacking on some and try to offer some and he just makes a gross face..

CaideysMommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:25 PM

I just asked my daughter's Pediatrician about this last week... He said she needs to be at least 9 months.  

CafeMom Tickers

* Choices -- They are a part of life; everyone gets to make their own. ** Offer advice when asked for -- don't force your beliefs on others ** You have to GIVE respect to GET respect. ** People have a right to make their own mistakes without someone else pointing out their flaws. 

MishiKat08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:27 PM

My daughter was about 10 months old when she had her first cheese. I started mixing alittle bit of milk with her formula around that time too to help her stomach get use to the different texture. Shes been a cheese/milk lover ever since!

marshsmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM

My son had a few nibbles around 9 or 10 months.  This is also when I started letting him have sips of milk from my glass.  He's 2 now and loves his "smelly sodor cheese".

Katenemsmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:29 PM

I have a daycare and we will start cheese once the baby is chewing food, between 11 months and 14 months.  I'll start with something soft like mozzerella before a hard cheese like cheddar.  I always talk to the mom first when I start a new food, so we will plan together when to introduce new foods. 

On the other hand, I will give a baby cheese spread and cottage cheese at around 7 months.  Once they are self-feeding I put the cheese spread on crackers and they suck it off. Yum!

newmommyas1107
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:31 PM

My daughter is 2 and she cant get enough cheese. If you ask her what she wants to eat she will say cheese!

Quoting MishiKat08:

My daughter was about 10 months old when she had her first cheese. I started mixing alittle bit of milk with her formula around that time too to help her stomach get use to the different texture. Shes been a cheese/milk lover ever since!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)