Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hypoglycemia during pregnancy?? please answer

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM
  • 13 Replies

I mentioned to my dr yesterday that I was having problems. Bad problems..He just said its "probably" hypoglycemia. He told me NOTHING  about it. He said to keep eating. I'm already eating all the time..I guess I'm supposed to eat every 10 minutes?? Doesn't he think I'll gain like 100 pounds if I do that?? He didn't even do a test for me..I'm just supposed to eat and hope i can function that day?? What happens when i cant pick my dd up from school?? Did anyone have hypoglycemia during pregnancy and how did you handle it?? Because eating isn't helping me!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LollipopDream
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:05 PM

3 meals a day 3 snacks to keep your sugar up.

purple ribbon

Ann7227
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:05 PM

What problems are u having ??? I have Hypoglycemia  it's not fun.

southernjess3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:07 PM

constantly starving, constantly thirsty. If i go even just ONE hour without eating i cant function at all. cant move. I'm getting dizzy and my vision blurs, and I'm sssoo tired!

CafeMom Tickers

southernjess3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:10 PM

anyone????

CafeMom Tickers

Ann7227
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Yea that sucks. I would  have your doctor test you for diabetes to be safe.  I would watch your sugar. I have water on hand and peanut butter and crackers.

Quoting southernjess3:

constantly starving, constantly thirsty. If i go even just ONE hour without eating i cant function at all. cant move. I'm getting dizzy and my vision blurs, and I'm sssoo tired!

Elijahsmommy9
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I'm dealing with this too. Try to eat higher protein foods. That keeps me level for longer than eating a bunch of sugar.

southernjess3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:13 PM

do I need to get a meter?? because It sometimes happens when i'm driving and it is majorly affecting my life..

Quoting Ann7227:

Yea that sucks. I would  have your doctor test you for diabetes to be safe.  I would watch your sugar. I have water on hand and peanut butter and crackers.

Quoting southernjess3:

CafeMom Tickers

alwaysyoung
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I always carry peanut butter crackers with me. they help a lot.

Quoting Ann7227:

Quoting southernjess3:

Ann7227
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:16 PM

No . To know for sure u have it you have to have a blood test. The same test as diabetes. You have to drink that nasty stuff. I would just do what the other mom said just add protein.

Quoting southernjess3:

do I need to get a meter?? because It sometimes happens when i'm driving and it is majorly affecting my life..

Quoting Ann7227:

Quoting southernjess3:

southernjess3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:22 PM

will doctors do a gluclose test on me this early?? I'm trying everything..its like I'm...I feel I have no strength or anthything ...I cant do it anymore without help..

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)