Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok so ex calls and asks what my twin sons want for Christmas.  Yea right hasnt bought them anything in 3 years.  Says that every year.... Well he hasn't seen them in either for 3 years.  Well trying to be nice i offered to meet him somewhere so he could see them for a lil bit.  Lets just say guy is emotional unstable every time someone leaves him he trys to kill himself and he was very verbally almost pysical abusive to me.  Well he is all mad at me because i wont leave them with him.  I just said you haven't seen them in 3 years and you want me to leave them with you?  Now im rethinking this whole idea what would you do?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kimbob2284
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I would do what you originally said, a supervised public visit.  No way in hell I would be leaving them with him at this point.  

marshsmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:20 PM

I would make him go through the proper channels if he wantsd visitation.  He would have to take me to court and be up to date on child support.

Saloria
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Definitly go with a supervised visit. For one he hasn't interacted with them in 3 years so they are not going to be use to him. And if you say he is emotionally unstable then you don't want to leave them with him for safety reasons.

ilovetracilynn

nope let him c them with u.... there has to be a reason y he wants them byhimself after 3 yrs of not even cing them

baby

MOMMY TO TRACI AND GEORGE 4TH
oboe_chik

Did you get with my DD's bio dad? LOL. But no seriously I don't blame you one bit. My DD's bio dad was really unstable...ended up in the hospital when I broke up with him etc. The 1 time he saw her before my DH adopted her (which he agreed to btw) was at a park with my DH, my parents, and his parents.

oboe_chik
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Oh yeah and forgot to mention...the LARGE MAJORITY of kidnappings are committed by a noncostodial parent.

steelersmomof4
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Quoting oboe_chik:

Did you get with my DD's bio dad? LOL. But no seriously I don't blame you one bit. My DD's bio dad was really unstable...ended up in the hospital when I broke up with him etc. The 1 time he saw her before my DH adopted her (which he agreed to btw) was at a park with my DH, my parents, and his parents.

lol yea picked a winner, only good was my  sons

steelersmomof4
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)