Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TODAY I WITNESSED........

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

a most awesome act of kindness. I was at my Dr's apt. The nurse practitioner started talking to my Dr outside my room.She said the chart xray shows a break. He needs a boot then a cast once the swelling goes down.How should I handle this.My Dr said He doesn't have insurance ~~~~Put the boot on,tell him to come back Friday for the cast.I want his chart and file put on My desk.I don't want anyone making calls and chasing this guy down trying to get money for this !!!  I was so impressed with my Dr it brought tears to my eyes. I wonder how many other Dr's would have done this.Or would have told him go to the ER and let them chase you for the money.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meghan451
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:34 PM

that is awsome! if only more doctors were like that....

CafeMom Tickers
MarineWife1108
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:35 PM

That is so cool. I aways wondered if dr's did things like this.

marineswink  baby girl

ajzuell
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Wow,  that so sweet!  That's the true meaning of a doctor who cares.                

RonLee51
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Thats wonderful, its always nice to hear there are a few nice, generous people left in the world.

lilmom0417
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:38 PM

That is such an awesome thing he did.

scootermom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Quoting ajzuell:

allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM

This!

Quoting ajzuell:

Avabliss
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM

That is so awesome.  :) 

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:42 PM

That is so nice! I know that my old doctor (before I moved) used to stock up the elderly patients on fixed incomes with bags of "sample" medications from his sample closet so that they didn't have to pay for the more expensive medications.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

mayzell
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I have worked for a Dr for  10 years.. you would not realize the amount of people you end up seeing for free anyway.. i don't care what anyone says a good Dr deserves every penny they make and then some.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)