Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

The member who posted about her husband getting a guy and his family kicked out of Disney for stealing your husband's card got me thinking about an incident we witnessed the last time we went to Disney...

We are there with all four of our kids at the time ages 12, 6, 3, & 1.  So this very large woman - about 6' tall and easily weighing more than 300lbs was walking around the amusement park all day with a big black shirt that said on the back in big bold white letters "Fuck You I'm from Detroit!" - We saw her walking into the park, periodically throughout the day and we never said anything to anyone who worked there...apparently no one else did either because we saw her again as we were leaving when the park closed for the night.

I was thinking that surely someone from Disney would approach her and offer her a free Disney World shirt if she agreed to change out of hers - in fact, we never said anything because we just thought someone who worked there would take care of it.

What would you have done?

FWIW - hindsight is 20/20 - next time we see something offensive at DW, we'll notify a park employee ASAP

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 4:11 AM

I probably wouldve mentioned something to an employee since it is a family-friendly place and her shirt was inappropriate.

TaraJJones
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 4:15 AM

As far as I know there isn't a dress code you have to follow to go to Disney so I don't think there was much anyone could do.. but it was certainly inappropriate! What can you do?

ff-princess
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:53 AM

this gal sounds like she's roughly the size of my husband - nobody carries XXXL anything.  seriously, you can't even special order something like that from the website.

doesn't make what she was doing right, but I can see why offering a different shirt wouldn't be an option.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)