Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHE WON'T SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:42 PM
  • 24 Replies

I love my dd to death, but I have to work on my two final papers and do some of my assignments for school  all before my dh gets off work and her shrill shrieks are going to drive me freaking insane! I am seriously getting pissed. I can't go 5 minutes and read something without her all over me or shrieking for attn. I play with her allll the time.. I know she is a baby but I just want her to shut up and play by herself for a while.

do not bash  I play with her all the time but I also have school work to get done!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I let my SO sleep in this morning and the first thing she said when she woke up was "OH MY GOSH SAPPHIRE YOU DO NOT SHUT UP, DO YOU?!?!" My 3 y/o had been talking for literally two hours straight. She talks so much her throat starts to hurt.

Good luck on getting some peace and quiet.. just wanted to let you know you're not alone !:)

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

thangelbabybug
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:44 PM

i no your frusterated we all have those times. My daughter is 3 1/2 and she is still like that. i can't remember what peace and quiet it. I hope it gets better for you

lcappytan05
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:45 PM

no bashing here...my son is going through this "I'm going to cry any time mommy puts me down to do anything" phase.

I can't leave him be though...he's only 7wks old...

it gets really hard for me to do schoolwork.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

IslandBreeze

Do your HW during her naptimes?

thangelbabybug

that how my daughter is, she talks and talk and talks.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I let my SO sleep in this morning and the first thing she said when she woke up was "OH MY GOSH SAPPHIRE YOU DO NOT SHUT UP, DO YOU?!?!" My 3 y/o had been talking for literally two hours straight. She talks so much her throat starts to hurt.

Good luck on getting some peace and quiet.. just wanted to let you know you're not alone !:)

MsDean
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I have 3 kids 1,2 and 5. If I am trying to do schoolwork or clean I put them in their room. As for when they are being um bratty I just lock my self in the bathroom for like10 minutes or so. It usually makes me feel less  like I am going to blow. Good luck momma!

Lizzy317
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I'm sorry.  As long as you don't take your frustrasions out on her they'll be no bashing from me. Can't say the same for the other momma's on here.  Maybe put her in a bubble bath and read to her. Read what your supposed to be studying. Kids don't care what you read to them, they just like to be read to.  :)  Good Luck!

crysjuls
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM

put her on a high chair and give her something to munch on while you try and do your homework.  or give her some colors and let her draw something.

ErikaRobin
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM

We spend the first two years trying to get them to walk and talk and the next sixteen trying to get them to sit down and shut up. 

IT'S KEGEL TIME!

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:49 PM

that is why i love sesame street....at least an hour of peace! will she sit still to watch a show?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)