Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just wondering what your belief is?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:45 PM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: What fits you the closest...

Options:

Believe in a higher power but don't go to any building to worship

Atheist

maybe there is a higher power maybe there isn't

Believe in a higher power and worship only on special occaisions like high holidays but not regularly

Belive and attend regular

my believes say worship from home

believe and only go for weddings and funerals

believe and try to go regular but miss more than I Like

don't believe but go because of my children/or so

not a higher power but nature

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 53

View Results

Growing up religion was interesting. My dad went to church when he was little but stoped, says he believed in god, but...my aunts became active athest, and most people I knew said they believed in god but didn't go to any services, it wasn't until I was an adult and met some, and well some of what their religious orginzations wanted them to do was strange. They weren't all christian, anyways it got me wondering....how many people believe in god and don't go verse how many do. So if you can vote and bump that would be great.

baby growth

galaxy questcosleeping mommyProud Work At Home Mom Blinkiehomebirth blinkie

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celticreverie
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM
none of the above. I am not an Athiest, nor a church goer. I don't believe in God, not sure if I even believe in any sort of god. My beliefs are nature based, based on things that are tangible. I recognize and follow more Pagan ideals though, but nature based and less deity based.
snowpeasmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM

thanks for the votes bump

baby growth

Arlyah
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM

I was raised Christian in a church every sunday kind of way (Baptist and Presbyterian), then I was Mormon for a few years after getting married. Now I'm Agnostic, Buddhist leaning in a lifestyle kind of way.

valnuts
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I am a Christian and I attend church regularly.

HaydensMommy007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:53 PM

was not raised any particular religion and only attended church for weddings and funerals.

I am now a Christian, I attend a non denominational church. I attend Sunday service, a Wednesday night bible study, a Thursday morning womans bible study, two mondays a month I attend prayer meetings, and every other saturday I do street evangilism.

~It only hurts when I'm breathing, my heart only breaks when it's beating, my dreams only die when I'm dreaming. So I hold my breath to forget.~

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:53 PM

We are Roman Catholic. We attend church several times a week.

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, and of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation, he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day he rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.
Amen.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I believe in God, however I do NOT attend church. I used to 3 times a week and was even a Sunday School teacher for quite some time (gasp) at two different churches but I couldn't stand the people at the churches. They disgusted me even more when I found out what life was like behind the curtains so to speak.

SO, yeah, we believe in God from HOME. Will not step foot in a church except for a funeral.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

lcappytan05
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I can't vote.

I am not an athiest...but I'm not really sure if I believe there is a God.

I am really into evolution.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

clhelms
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I don't believe in God, I believe in evolution and science though I find Religion fascinating in its orgins, migration, variations, and of course how so many can have such confidence in something they can't feel or touch or prove for that matter.

Carrie

snowpeasmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:57 PM

Quoting lcappytan05:

I can't vote.

I am not an athiest...but I'm not really sure if I believe there is a God.

I am really into evolution.

the third choice I think covers it. Maybe?!?!? is what I was trying to say with that one maybe god maybe not

baby growth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)