Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

asking for money

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

i'm going over to my grandparent's house (they raised me). we are going to ask them to help with our down payment for our house. we only need $2,000. do you think this is rude or a shitty thing of me to do? i plan on paying them back with the $8,000 tax credit we will get back. they have a lot of money, but in the past have been kind of stingey with it. i can understand why. i was a horrible teenager and wow, i really cost them a lot. since then though i have cleaned up my act completely and i've done a lot for our family, major things like taking in my little sister because they were getting too old to care for a 14 year old. we are completely financially independent. i've never borrowed money form them before. what do you think? crappy of me? i just have a feeling they are going to say no.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MsDean
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM

I don't think it's crappy. I don;t see how it would hurt to ask. i hope they say yes, good luck:)

shannonmarie77
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I don't think it is crappy either if they have the money.  I would tell them that you would like to get a house in order to qualify for the first time home buyers tax credit, and that you are willing to sign a contract that when you recieve the money back you will pay them back or if they prefer set up a payment plan. 

satilia
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Just get all your info and facts together and let them see how responsible you are. After doing such a great thing I woudn't see why they would begrudge you that. But prepare for plan b if that doesn't work and consider a 110% financing that doesn't require closing costs.

mereksmommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM

It doesnt hurt to ask. Also if you need 2,000 have you thought about asking 2 people to borrow 1,000? That is an idea. Maybe ask an Aunt to borrow 1,000 and your grandparents for 1,000.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)