Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you Rent/Own??

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:59 PM
  • 60 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you rent/own?

Options:

Rent a home/townhome/apt/etc

Own a home/townhome/etc

Other (please explain!)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 152

View Results

I recently heard that the "American Dream" of owning your own home is kinda going down the drain so I wanted to see how many of you rent a home/townhome/apt or own a home/townhome/etc.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:01 PM

We rent a 2 bedroom 1 bath 800sqft apartment with NO washer/dryer hookups for $500 a month.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

AlyssaRob1416
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM

We own, however home ownership is not all that it is cracked up to be.

kiralyn

we rent. we live in a duplex..1100 sq. ft. 2 beds, 1 bath with lawn service and water paid for $740.

MarineWife1108

We rent a 2 bedroom duplex for 675 a month. Which is not too bad. We would like to have our own home built someday rather than buying. 

marineswink  baby girl

wife.and.mommy

own a home... i rented when i was single... but the minute we got engaged we went house hunting, bought a house before the wedding... 

Mom_2_be2008
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:03 PM

That's what I am thinking myself! We "own" our home if you can call it that... we owe more now than what it's worth.. I really think I would rather be renting now... I hate my house!

Quoting AlyssaRob1416:

We own, however home ownership is not all that it is cracked up to be.

All4you
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM

We own a house. Here it is cheaper to pay a mortage than rent!

Sign by Danasoft - SURPRISE! I found you!
audriesmommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Wow, that is a great price.  We paid $1000 for the same almost 5 years ago when we were first married.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

We rent a 2 bedroom 1 bath 800sqft apartment with NO washer/dryer hookups for $500 a month.

bjdmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM

Both. We own a home that is sitting empty for now and we rent an apartment that is close to were my clinical site is for school.

oboe_chik
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM

We rent a 6 bedroom 2 bath house on 7 acres for $600 a month. Our house payment on a house that size would be wayyy more than that so yeah Im happy renting for now. DH and I have talked about waiting to buy a smaller house outright when the kids move out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)