Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cousin Couples

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

This is a website dedicated to cousins marrying each other. Here are some "facts" from it.

26 states allow first cousin marriages; most people can marry their cousin in the US.

US prohibitions against cousin marriages predate modern genetics.

No European country prohibits marriage between first cousins. It is also legal throughout Canada and Mexico to marry your cousin. The U.S. is the only western country with cousin marriage restrictions

Leviticus 18 lists all forbidden sexual relationships. Cousin relationships are not included.

In some cultures, the term cousin and mate are synonymous.

It is estimated that 20 percent of all couples worldwide are first cousins. It is also estimated that 80 percent of all marriages historically have been between first cousins!

The frequency of cousin marriages in the USA is about 1 in 1,000. The frequency of cousin marriages in Japan is about 4 in 1,000

Okay, those are just some of the facts...but my question is if 26 states allow first cousins to marry WHY NOT HOMOSEXUALS? In the general aspect of things, I would think people would rather see 2 lesbians be married than to see COUSINS getting married and having INBRED offsprings.

The website is cousincouples.com....not too obvious do you think?? lol.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3galsmomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM

not gonna touch this one.

MomX04
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:23 PM

I have 17 known 1st cousins (I only know my father's side) and only one is close to my age.  I don't give a ratts ass about any web site, country statistics..........I'm not and I repeat not doing my cousin.  I love him to death but that is as far as it goes.  A kiss and a good strong hug, nothing more.

Honeybun09

Ew that's disgusting.

I don't want to answer your question though. Hope someone else does. :)

Alexz_Mommy

all my cousins are girls- double whammy?

I'm a young (but strict) independent Mommy of one (so far).  I firmly believe in CIO, front facing, semi-vaccinating, ocassional spanking/time-outs, tough love!  Nothing irritates this Mommy more than immature little girls wanting a baby so badly then NOT TAKING CARE OF THEIR OWN!  You give us "Young Momma's" a bad name- and we don't deserve it.

possummom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:25 PM

i just dont think blood related first cousin should breed or be allowed to marry. that is just my opinion.

marinewife0523

Tell me about it. And apparently to the website we are all related to our husbands. Here's the "statistic"

We are all cousins. No two people are more distantly related than 50th cousins.

Quoting Alexz_Mommy:

all my cousins are girls- double whammy?

MomX04

As far as the homosexual marriage comparison, there is NO comparison.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:25 PM

I opened this post and thought the same thing. Really? Cousins can get married but not gay people? really? what is WRONG with this country?! LOL

ForeverMeme
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM

What about first cousin lesbians should they be allowed to marry? 

marinewife0523
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:28 PM

I know! and my thing is, even people who are against gay marriages I would think would want to weigh the options...and not choose inbreds. because that leads to our children finding someone and them be inbred, and then there's all sorts of genetic disorders just bound to happen when THEY go to have kids!

Quoting Mamie_85:

I opened this post and thought the same thing. Really? Cousins can get married but not gay people? really? what is WRONG with this country?! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)