Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone fill me in *new question*

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

so whats going on with the president talking about afghanistan??

what does he want? are we going to war again? i have no cule whats being said i just saw a 2 min thing of people talking about it.. anyone know?

so who are we "finishing off"? i mean i thought we took down the guy who did all this. it's been a good long time. i think its time for the men to come home. this whole war has me lost. i don't understand why we are still there.

TO me Even the people over there that were not pissed off at us at first is pissed off at us now.  i was watching this one show on history or something it might have been discovery and they were following troops around and they were trying to get help from the people in the area and they wanted to sit down with them and talk about how they can make there place safer and the people didn't want to talk to them. they kept ignoring them. and one guy finally came over and talked to them and said  that no one wants to talk to them for the fact that the troops lied. they make false promises. and he talked to this guy to get him to see what hes trying to do and the guy said this is the same thing you guys promised 5 years ago. why should the others believe you now

i don't know how to fix this mess but taking MORE men to fight? just does not seem like the answer

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jada2514
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I havent really been keeping up with it. But I read on cnn that he has a plan to have our troops out of there by July 2011. But he's sending 30,000 more ppl over there. I really hope my husband doesnt have to go.

marinewife0523
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I would assume before that time, he'll have doubled the amount of who's  there already. But it'd sure be nice for them to be out of there in 3 years.

Quoting jada2514:

I havent really been keeping up with it. But I read on cnn that he has a plan to have our troops out of there in 3 years.

lbdm2002
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:41 PM

He will be talking about sending over more troops..around 30,000.  Marines will be the first to be deployed, then followed by other branches.  He will start pulling troops out of Afghanistan in July 2011 and turning over authority to the Afghan military to handle.

LizS528
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I'm not sure, but I read something today that said he may put 300,000 MORE troops over there before pulling out??  This war has gone on for, what, 8 or 9 years now? 

jada2514
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM

yeah. I just keep having this feeling that my husband going to have to go. He's only been in for 2 years and we've been lucky. His first duity station was Korea and now were pcs'ing to HI. But I just keep thinking his number's gonna get called.

Quoting marinewife0523:

I would assume before that time, he'll have doubled the amount of who's  there already. But it'd sure be nice for them to be out of there in 3 years.

Quoting jada2514:

I havent really been keeping up with it. But I read on cnn that he has a plan to have our troops out of there in 3 years.

shis_mama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I am just wondering since this has come up now if DH will deploy there sooner then next fall.

diablo51987
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:47 PM

We never stopped the war there. Yeah our military is asking for more troops because what we are doing requires more troops. We also need them there because our military has equipment there that needs to be guarded, even if we start pulling troops out. (my husband has been talkikng about it for awhile)

de_sly
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM

more troops!!! 2011?

gahhhh... so why? whats the goal? im not seeing the goal?

pageantgirl3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:11 PM

That shouldn't happen unless its his bucket time. They will find other people in the bucket time period and he would have to go when it's his bucket time. (can I say bucket enough? lol)

Quoting shis_mama:

I am just wondering since this has come up now if DH will deploy there sooner then next fall.

Heather Nickless
Herbalife Independent Distributor, Air Force wife, WAHM to two beautiful babies.

wedding websites
pageantgirl3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:12 PM

He's finally realized that we can't just leave. If we don't finish it, they will just come on our lands and bring this fight closer to home.

Quoting de_sly:

more troops!!! 2011?

gahhhh... so why? whats the goal? im not seeing the goal?

Heather Nickless
Herbalife Independent Distributor, Air Force wife, WAHM to two beautiful babies.

wedding websites
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)