Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Would YOU Do?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: What Would YOU Do?

Options:

Burp him

take my chances and let him sleep

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

Here's the situation, what do YOU do?

you are feeding your (almost) 7wk old baby (from a bottle). He is eating a lot. He falls asleep while eating. He has been up and fussing all day long and this is the first time he has really fallen asleep. You know he needs to be burped. If you try and burp him, he will wake up and start screaming bloody murder and not go back to sleep. If you don't burp him, he will sleep but may possibly be very cranky later from having gas bubbles in his tummy....what would you do?

there is only the two options...so you have to chose one of them.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

Military Moms
Join us on The Military Moms Group - -Military Moms Group Mod

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
FooLynRoo
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Burp him.. but do it gently and hope he doesn't wake up.

ilovetracilynn
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:52 PM

going thru same thing here i let him sleep   so let him sleep and when he wakes up give him mylicon gasdrops

baby

MOMMY TO TRACI AND GEORGE 4TH
mirandas_mom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I'd burp him. That way when he does go to sleep, it will be hopefully long enough for you to get a nap too. 

lcappytan05
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I give him the mylicon drops when he's gassy but I don't think they really help all that much.

Plus, I was going to let him sleep...but then when I got up to put him in his bed, he let out a huge belch...I guess it was the way I was leaning and how he was positioned...lol.

Quoting ilovetracilynn:

going thru same thing here i let him sleep   so let him sleep and when he wakes up give him mylicon gasdrops

Military Moms

MomX04
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:55 PM

With my kids when they did that I just put them over my shoulder and gently patted them on the back.  Sometimes they burped, somes they didn't, they don't always have to.  I also walked around a bit kind of bouncing on my feet a bit, like stepping up on my toes or bending at my knees (hard as heck to explain now that I'm trying), but it helped burp and rock at the same time.

ilovetracilynn
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Quoting lcappytan05:

I give him the mylicon drops when he's gassy but I don't think they really help all that much.

Plus, I was going to let him sleep...but then when I got up to put him in his bed, he let out a huge belch...I guess it was the way I was leaning and how he was positioned...lol.

Quoting ilovetracilynn:

great

baby

MOMMY TO TRACI AND GEORGE 4TH
lcappytan05
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I know what you're saying...I do the exact same thing...and that is how I burp my little guy. Today he has been a handful though...he will fall asleep and then the minute I put him down, he will scream bloody murder...it has been a very frustrating day...lol.

when I got up though with him in my arms, he let out a huge belch...so now he is snoring in his bassinett...lol.

Quoting MomX04:

With my kids when they did that I just put them over my shoulder and gently patted them on the back.  Sometimes they burped, somes they didn't, they don't always have to.  I also walked around a bit kind of bouncing on my feet a bit, like stepping up on my toes or bending at my knees (hard as heck to explain now that I'm trying), but it helped burp and rock at the same time.

Military Moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)