Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wives of Police Offcers

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

How do you handle the fact that your DH put his life in risk every time he goes to work?

It just hit home a lot harder for me two days ago DH find out some information about a man that he is looking for ( he committed several arm robbery). Got his hand on 9 guns plus ammo that can go thorough his vest.  He was heard to say that he was not going back to jail and he will kill to make sure that he does not.  

Thank God that they find him hiding out in someone house, Swat was able to take him down. But it got me thinking about the safety of my Husband. He already been drag by a car once, and also got hurt one other time while trying to take one man to jail.

Not including the sad fact that 4 police officer were killed while they were doing there paperwork at a resuanut. This man was release form prison and killed four officer for just being a cop.

Makes me worry, most time i try not to think about it. But hearing about other officer killed in the line of duty, and hearing my DH worried about being shot it makes it hard to not think about it.

So how do you handle the worry?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:57 PM

My husband works in the jail and with the inmates so its not as dangerous as patrol but its still scary! I Know that my husband is trained and I just try not to think of the what if's! My dad was patrol so I understand your fear in a way!

My husband is thinking of doing border patrol and it scares me but its what he wants to do! I just love and support him!

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:57 PM

I'm not a police officer's wife, but here's a bump for you.  I feel for you though, I think all wives with hubby's with dangerous jobs have moments like you feel.  I hope you husband remains safe.

NikiOcasio
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Im not a police officers wife but my husband is in the army and is in the infantry and is out on the front lines when deployed. so i do know the feeling you have.. it scares me everyday to know hes going to afghanistan this coming up spring.. :o/

EsmeVincent
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM

well my dh isn't a police officer but my dad is and yea I understand where you are coming from....I didn't realize how much he was in danger of getting killed till I was in middle school when he became a negotiator and worked with the swat team and his negotiator partner got shot one day when they were trying to get this guy to let his wife go and not kill her and himself....his partner is ok, they were able to get the bullet out and now he wears it on a chain around his neck.  My dad is now a SRO(School Resourse Officer) and loves being able to work with kids.  My dad is my hero.

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

officerjoeys
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I'm not married, but my s/o is an cop. I try to keep myself busy. It never goes away, but it is in the back of my mind all the time. I just make sure I tell him I love him before he leaves for work (whether we were having a disagreement or not) and trust that he knows what he's doing. I say a lot of prayers that he comes home safe.  

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink

lenoxclan
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:05 PM

My husband has been a officer for a little over a year. He started out in a small country town where nothing ever happened..We just recently moved to the Dallas area and it is a bit more scary. We actually had our car broken into about a week after we moved here.

I prety much do not think about it. Thinking about the what ifs gives you nothing but misery... How will I handle it if anything ever happens?? I haven't a clue...

But by assuming he will remain safe I am able to give myself a sense of security false though it may be.

I also think about the fact that there is a danger to any job you do these days. Hell being a teacher isn't even 100% safe. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)