Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diastasis symphysis pubis

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have had this for 3 years now and I am at the end of my rope. The pain is killing me right now. That's all vent over. DH won't listen to me.

purple ribbon

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cypris420
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Oh mama, I'm so sorry.  I know the pain, if only briefly.  When I carried my twins I could barely walk at the end of my pregnancy from my pelvic bone separating.  Pure misery and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. 

Jill0504
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I am sorry you are in pain, I know how it is, I have fibromyalgia and now I am being tested for a ton of other things. What exactly do you have if you don't mind my asking. (((hugs))) my dh doesnt listen to me either. :(

LollipopDream
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Quoting Jill0504:

I am sorry you are in pain, I know how it is, I have fibromyalgia and now I am being tested for a ton of other things. What exactly do you have if you don't mind my asking. (((hugs))) my dh doesnt listen to me either. :(

I have diastasis symphysis pubis.

Hypermobility joint syndrome and fibromyalgia.

purple ribbon

LollipopDream
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Quoting cypris420:

Oh mama, I'm so sorry.  I know the pain, if only briefly.  When I carried my twins I could barely walk at the end of my pregnancy from my pelvic bone separating.  Pure misery and I'm sorry you have to deal with this. 

I have been trying to find a doctor to put a metal plate there to hold it together and so far I haven't found anyone in my area that will do it. You would figure after 3 years they would say enough is enough.

purple ribbon

Jill0504
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Do you take anything for the pain?

LollipopDream
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Quoting Jill0504:

They give me Darvocet. I take it 3 times a day it helps with the fibro some but not when my hips and shoulders dislocate.

purple ribbon

Jill0504
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Quoting LollipopDream:

Quoting Jill0504:

They give me Darvocet. I take it 3 times a day it helps with the fibro some but not when my hips and shoulders dislocate.

I can't believe that they haven't given you something stronger to help with that pain. I couldn't imagine having my joints dislocate like that :( My doc gave me vicodin for my fibro pain because a lot of times I cant even get out of bed. And that really only takes the edge off.

LollipopDream
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Quoting Jill0504:

Quoting LollipopDream:

Quoting Jill0504:

I can't believe that they haven't given you something stronger to help with that pain. I couldn't imagine having my joints dislocate like that :( My doc gave me vicodin for my fibro pain because a lot of times I cant even get out of bed. And that really only takes the edge off.

I had my teeth out 6 months ago and they gave me those. I still have some left and only take them if I really need it. I am glad I have them on hand though because I had a really bad migraine and I had to take one a few months ago.

purple ribbon

Jill0504
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I am glad that you have some just in case you need them. I know when I get migraines the only thing that helps are advil, but I can't take them very often because they elevate my liver enzymes. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)