Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those against gays adopting

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM
  • 200 Replies

Poll

Question: I am

Options:

Against gays adopting, NOT against non-christians

not against gay couple adopting

against gay couples adopting AND against non-christians adopting

other?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 291

View Results

Are you also against non-Christians and infertile couples adopting?

The reason I ask... is because everyone I know that is against it says it's against their religion or "if you want kids you need to be with someone of the opposite sex". Soo.. I'm just curious. No reason to bash or anything of course. :)

The poll is ONLY for part of the question.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Q0112
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:17 PM

i think anyone should be ablt to adopt as long as they can take care of the child properly.

I love my daughter more than anyone on this earth. 2 days till her 4th Birthday. Disney on Ice--HERE WE COME!
***I lost 50 pounds. 40 Pounds to go!***
I love my boyfriend. Six months till our 1st anniversary.

julionna_lion
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Eh.

I am only against idiots and abusive people adopting. Everyone else...have at it! There are more than enough kids out there with no one to love them...that it is just stupid not to let those kids be loved.

FuzzybugsMommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM

If the child will be properly loved, nurtured, cared for, etc. then I see no reason to bar anyone from adopting.

chiquis
by Diamond Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Not against them adopting but I was curious lol so bump!

Oh .. the only people I am against adopting .... are morons/druggies/beaters/etc lol. But I don't care what sex/or color/ height haha/  or who they love .. as long as they are a good person and want a child to love and treat right.  

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I'd like to hear from those that chose option 1...

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, business owning (Nellie Bug's Tutus) momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

fairysurreale
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I don't think sexual orientation or religion should matter as long as that person/couple is able to provide for the child.  Unfortunately, there are bigoted/small minded people who think otherwise and are depriving some child of a wonderful home. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
MomX04

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

I'd like to hear from those that chose option 1...

They're coming....

Corgan03

I don't think someones sexual preference has anything to do with weather or not they would make a good parent. One of my good friends from high school is gay and he is a WONDERFUL father.

AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:23 PM

There are so many children out there that need loving homes. I could care less if you are gay, bi, or purple. As long as you are financially stable and have a loving home, then you should be able to adopt.

i.heart.rachel
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Quoting AutymsMommy:

There are so many children out there that need loving homes. I could care less if you are gay, bi, or purple. As long as you are financially stable and have a loving home, then you should be able to adopt.

That's what I don't get. There are SO many kids that need homes. And SO many people are against gays or even single people adopting. Yet THEY aren't adopting the kids. So I just.. can't wrap my mind around it. They'd rather have the kids in foster care, in "limbo", or homeless... than in a loving (but gay) home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)