Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Convertible carseat

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

I know carseat posts cause drama but this one is simple.  I need to buy a convertible carseat.  My little DS is getting to be a chunk and will outgrow his infatn carrier real soon.  What do you all have?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife.and.mommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:39 PM

2 Britax Marathons (my car & DH car)

1 Graco (it was a cheap one i think for $100) just to have as a spare

sweet.lil.mama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM

depends on the type of car you have, i would go to carseatdata.org you put in the make and model of your car and it shows which ones fit best...

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
MNilsen
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM

I will look at the site.  Thanks.  We have a 2007 camry.  I just wanted to hear what people have had to say. 

CafeMom Tickers

Honeybun09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM

We have a Scenera that RFs to 35 pounds and FFs to 40. I'm not sure of the specs beyond that.

CaeliMommyUSMC
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I have an 08 Corolla and I have a Britax Marathon rearfacing and a Graco Nautilus in it.

Quoting MNilsen:

I will look at the site.  Thanks.  We have a 2007 camry.  I just wanted to hear what people have had to say. 

JoeyJrsMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:50 PM

My chunk is almost out of his too! We have a Evenflo Symphony waiting for the day he hits 22 lbs!

megarooniduh
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:50 PM

We have a First Years True Fit and LOVE IT! We have an 07 Mustang which is two doors and it fits great!

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:53 PM

In my car I have a Britax Boulevard, a Cosco Scenera and soon a True Fit!  Honestly, I would go with the true fit or if you are planning on extended rear facing I do believe there is a Radian that RF to 45 lbs!  The true fit did better than Britaxes on recent crash tests and many targets have them on clearance for $135

newmommyas1107
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I have a program here in Vermont where I pay $20.00 for a new carseat. Maybe you can ask the local EMT's if you have a program there and they will get you the best one for your car. Right now I have a Evenflo convertable seat. Which i have to get a new one because my daughter is too tall for it.

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:55 PM

BTW: avoid the Graco Comfort Sport (terrible seat, short shell and hard to install) and the all in ones that go from rear facing to a booster (hard to install, make poor boosters, don't harness long enough).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)