Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

milk related question...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

For the moms that started kids on milk early what age did you start them on it?? I know that they recommend not till 12 months old but Im just curious.. and why did you start you little one on milk early? Also how did you introduce milk to them.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Christy78
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM

MY oldest went on Rice milk up until age 5

My son was  1

my youngest was 1

Scaskey117
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I didn't start my daughter on cow's milk until 12 months only because I saw no reason to.  Once we did start cows milk though we found that the whole milk caused constipation problems.  We had her drinking 2% and she still had problems so now she's drinking skim and she's doing pretty well on that. 

I think the reason they want the child to stay on breast milk or formula is purely because of calorie intake and also the DHA that cows milk does not contain.

Hope this helps

allycally
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:02 PM

At between 8-9 mnth I switched to sippy cups with bmilk or formula with their meals and at 12 mnths I just switched it to VitD whole milk.My first was allergic to milk he had an anaphylactic reaction the first time he drank it so he had soy milk until he was2-3. 

prego7386
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:03 PM

mine will be 1 in JAN. i am starting the weaning process slowly instead of one day you got formula one day you don't. so right now its 2 ounce organic whole milk and 6 ounce formula.

de_sly
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM

my mother in law made me start at 9 months. i WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. it was a bad idea and i wont do it again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)