Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2YO Skill Level.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:09 PM
  • 20 Replies

Sometimes I worry about not having my daughter in some form of daycare. She has a lot of interaction with children her age so thats not a concern, my issue is how much or little she may be learning being at home with me. I'm no expert so IDK how it could be helping or hurting her. She'll only be 3 in Jan, but I'm a mother, I worry. Thats what we do best.

I'm wondering what's a normal skill level for a child her age or does anyone know where I can find that info out. My daughter knows her numbers up to 13 (lol odd number), alphabet (x is f..lol we're workin on it), and she knows her basic colors (the rainbow,along with black white grey and brown). She can hold a conversation and so on.

I also wanted to know what methods of teaching do you use at home with your toddler? Any fun games, tips, activities are all welcome.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy78
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:12 PM

go to my first school.com    Preschool activities  and you can print pages  for her  and she can trace the letter .  My 4 yr old gots to a pre-school 5 days a week and their half days . And her teacher said she is bright .  She talk none stops has so much to say . And whats to learn telling time . If you can find a pre-school  see if they do 3 days  a week  or if you want her to go 5  just look around and My frist school I use it with my 4 yr old she always wants home work to do .  You can also go to Target or walmart and get work book for preschoolers

RoguesMommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:14 PM

My daughter just turned 3 in September.

She knows her opposites, emotions, colors, shapes, alphabet, numbers to 16, talks talks talks!! can write a few letters, knows the difference between numbers, letters and shapes, can hold a crayon or pencil the right way, can almost write her name, she recognizes a few words...and some other things I can't think of right now. 

PhotobucketLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Billabongurl7
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:18 PM

baby can read is awesome!!

remaining_me
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Thanks a lot for the info. Lol, thats cute (the hw thing, haha). I'm really not interested in putting her in day care right now since I am home full time. I'm going to check out that website tho and the workbooks!

Quoting Christy78:

go to my first school.com    Preschool activities  and you can print pages  for her  and she can trace the letter .  My 4 yr old gots to a pre-school 5 days a week and their half days . And her teacher said she is bright .  She talk none stops has so much to say . And whats to learn telling time . If you can find a pre-school  see if they do 3 days  a week  or if you want her to go 5  just look around and My frist school I use it with my 4 yr old she always wants home work to do .  You can also go to Target or walmart and get work book for preschoolers

remaining_me
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:26 PM

that's great. she seems really bright. the highlighted are the things my daughter also knows. is she home with you or in day care? if she's home, what teaching methods r u personally using if u dont mind sharing.

Quoting RoguesMommy:

She knows her opposites, emotions, colors, shapes, alphabet, numbers to 16, talks talks talks!! can write a few letters, knows the difference between numbers, letters and shapes, can hold a crayon or pencil the right way, can almost write her name, she recognizes a few words...and some other things I can't think of right now. 

Beautiful__mama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:27 PM

i use this website and you can print out flash cards for just about everything you will need to teach your dd.i just made a bunch yesterday
http://www.esl-kids.com/flashcards/fivesenses.html

and my dd loves them they are colorful and cute

Quoting remaining_me:

that's great. she seems really bright. the highlighted are the things my daughter also knows. is she home with you or in day care? if she's home, what teaching methods r u personally using if u dont mind sharing.

Quoting RoguesMommy:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

remaining_me
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:28 PM

my 9mo nephew has it! my sister loves it. its so cute to see him wave and clap and interact with it.. i think its a great tool. i want it!

Quoting Billabongurl7:

baby can read is awesome!!

remaining_me
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Oh thanks so much! =]

Quoting Beautiful__mama:

i use this website and you can print out flash cards for just about everything you will need to teach your dd.i just made a bunch yesterday

shajdinyak
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM

I teach 3 yr old preschool...also do opposites and shapes. Work on cutting, writing name,coloring , putting on coat and other self help skills.  GL

Beautiful__mama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM

i hope it helps and remember dont push make it fun you can pm me if you want i can give you come cute and fun ways to help her im doing it with my dd now she is also 2

Quoting remaining_me:

Oh thanks so much! =]

Quoting Beautiful__mama:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)