Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shark or Bissell Steam Mop?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

I really want a steam mop... and I hear people talking about these two the most.  Any opinions on these or other steam mops?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lbdm2002
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I have a bissell.  i love it.  mine came with 2 cleaner pads...i wish it came with more, though.  i'm running them through the laundry daily.  lol.  but yeah..it does a realy good job...we have wood and marble floors.  My kids also spilled something sticky on our wood coffee table..lol..so i plugged that sucker in and used it to clean up the coffee table!

Honeybun09
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I want one when we can afford one so bump so I can read the replies!

Silvia1011
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Quoting lbdm2002:

I have a bissell.  i love it.  mine came with 2 cleaner pads...i wish it came with more, though.  i'm running them through the laundry daily.  lol.  but yeah..it does a realy good job...we have wood and marble floors.  My kids also spilled something sticky on our wood coffee table..lol..so i plugged that sucker in and used it to clean up the coffee table!

Is there only one model out for Bissell?  The majority of our house is hardwood floors, and vinyl in the kitchen and tiles in the bathroom and laundry.  My microfiber mop pretty much just broke, so I'm looking for something nicer :)  Thanks for the reply!

redmamaof5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:29 PM

ok i have the shark and i LOVE it, its actually my second i wore my first one out! lol i mop twice a day ( i do daycare) and so i got my 100 bucks out of it! now i want to say if you do go for the shark go through QVC its much cheaper plus you get the warranty and 6 extra pads!!! I have all laminate flooring on my first floor and linolium in the bathroom and both porches and it does a wonderful job! i will note that it does streak and after reading WINDEX that says NO STREAKING i add a few tablespoons to the water and it does NOT streak and smells so yummy and leaves the floor spotless! in fact my daycare parents comment how white their kids socks are all the time! lol! i love that if the kids puke i can clean it up really good with the steam! i am a bit of a germaphobe! good luck~!

MamaKalila
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM

We have a Bionaire & love it... My cousin has a Shark & loves hers...

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket http://www.youravon.com/kmery
maryb311
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:35 PM

The Shark SUCKS! We have one sitting in the corner collecting dust right now. We do not have alot of floor to mop but after using it for 3 months (trust me I do NOT mop everyday lol) the mo fo broke! To get it fixed we can ship it back to them, we pay shipping and if they see fit they fix it and ship it back and WE pay shipping! It is rediculous, why an I going to pay shipping both ways and wait for who knows how long for them to fix it because their product broke after 3 months?

I am going to buy a Bissel, hopefully I have better luck.

mirandas_mom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I went to Sears today and noticed the Shark steam mop on sale for $80.99. 

Laura4807
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I have the first shark steam mop, it's ok.

I have the newest, shark "pocket steam mop" ... I LOVE IT!

...never even tried the bissel though.

I have all wood floors, so I really like having a steam mop.

MamaKalila
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:40 PM

That's odd, my cousins had a problem and they just had her take it back and exchange it... was kinda funny because we both had probs (diff ones) with our steam mops when we first got them.. .both companies were great about it & we each got a new one no problem. Hope Bissel does better for you though!

Quoting maryb311:

The Shark SUCKS! We have one sitting in the corner collecting dust right now. We do not have alot of floor to mop but after using it for 3 months (trust me I do NOT mop everyday lol) the mo fo broke! To get it fixed we can ship it back to them, we pay shipping and if they see fit they fix it and ship it back and WE pay shipping! It is rediculous, why an I going to pay shipping both ways and wait for who knows how long for them to fix it because their product broke after 3 months?

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket http://www.youravon.com/kmery
maryb311
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Did she have the box and everything? I told DH not to throw away the box but he did!! So you think without and box but with the reciept I could take it back to Wally World?

Quoting MamaKalila:

That's odd, my cousins had a problem and they just had her take it back and exchange it... was kinda funny because we both had probs (diff ones) with our steam mops when we first got them.. .both companies were great about it & we each got a new one no problem. Hope Bissel does better for you though!

Quoting maryb311:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)