Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cs post just a question no debate edit more info

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:36 PM
  • 7 Replies

my so ex wife is trying to get him to get his 6 year old daughter a ds or a dancing Dora doll. he is suppose to pay child support but cant cause he has no money coming in at all. i am the only one with the income. 

how can we get her to understand we r not forgeting about her daughter but that we are struggling to make it month to month and cant afford a gift or toy that much.

i have the conversation that they had. i am not posting it cause i don't know if she is on cafemom.

edit.

here is a example of what i have to pay a month and how much i have left out of my checks. i only make $674 a month minus $6 for check cashing, so i only get  $668 a month to do me

rents is $400

lights is $150

cable is $100

total is $650 so i have $18 a month to get meds and gas. so how can i get her a toy that is not to much but wont be to cheap

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MaeHamMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Why don't you file for a modification if he really can't afford the amount he currently owes?

Good Luck 

redmamaof5
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM

i dont think thats out of line it is a big gift and if you each spend 50 bucks thats really not that much for an xmas gift! you can find cheap ones on craigslist or get a used one at gamestop or ebay! my 6 yo dd has one and she really likes it and she would never notice or care if it was used she jsut wants what her friends have and something to play with!

perfectkitten
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Everyone is hurting financially. You can only do what you can. Good Luck! 

StrayMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I don't think you should be forced into buying anything specific.  Buy for your SD and your kids equally, but only what you can afford.

She can't take you to court and demand a DS...

alouya21
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM

does any one know of anything that i can get a 6 year old for under $10 she loves dora

MomX04
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Have you checked out Family Dollar or places like that?

StrayMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM

You could try walmart or walmart.com...they have special "under $10" sections.

Quoting alouya21:

does any one know of anything that i can get a 6 year old for under $10 she loves dora

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)