Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ovarian cysts

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

if you've had them, what did they do. did they wait for them to rupture or go in and take care of it.. or are there meds?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego7386
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM

mine were two big ones...softball size. i go them while i was pregnant they didn't do anything just told me if it starts to hurt to come in. while i was having my c-section they removed them. for me it didnt hurt at all but i have heard for some it does. I have also heard that BC helps a lot of people with not getting them.

tginn20

Most of the time they will manage them w/ pain meds and let them dissolve on their own. Sometimes they rupture (which hurts like hell) and they manage it w/ pain meds...but sometimes they will go in an remove them depending on the amount, size etc.....

Good Luck, I hope this helps!

MomX04

I have an on again/off again hemorrhagic cyst on my left ovary.  So far all they have done is watch it with ultrasounds.  Well they were I quit going cause I don't have $300 to drop every three months.

Just_Me_1326
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:49 PM

ok so if they rupture, you won't die.. you will just be in so much pain you will think you are lol

scooterpooter
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM

i have reoccuring cysts. i have had a tubal & had to be put on bc pills to regulate my hormone levels so i can have a period & limit my cysts. i have had them get so big & to where it felt like contractions when they finally burst. i get less now & they dont get as big w/ the pills.

bouncing momamanda

ArmyWife718
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I have had numerous cysts on my ovaries since i was fourteen. However mine weren't too big so they just waited on them to rupture. LOTS of pain. But better than surgery.

Just_Me_1326
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:14 PM

ok because i found out i had one on my right ovary on wed. and the pain is still there. it went away but came back with a vengeance!  the nurse told me that it wasn't a big deal if they rupture, and i won't die from it

my mil told me that they are deadly and require surgery.. i am freaked out

and it doesn't help they gave me hydrocodone and omfg made me SO sick.. took it sun at 10pm and i'm still nauseous!

MomX04
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Quoting Just_Me_1326:

ok so if they rupture, you won't die.. you will just be in so much pain you will think you are lol

So far I'm still going, it hurts like hell to move come time for ovulation but other than that it's all good.

Just_Me_1326
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM

thank you so much!  i feel all crapy. but you made me feel better

Quoting MomX04:

Quoting Just_Me_1326:

So far I'm still going, it hurts like hell to move come time for ovulation but other than that it's all good.

ethansmom309
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I've had them since I was pretty young. When they did the ultrasound they said that there were over 25 on each. So it was like a grapefruit on each side : / My dr put me on a different type of bc pills and that helped a LOT. Hope that helped. Good luck 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)