Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If we pull out of Iraq & Afghan do you worry about another attack on US soil?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

I hear a lot of people who argue that we should just leave both of those countries. I hear that GWBush started a fake war and that Obama is just continuing this fake war. So my question is if we pull out tomorrow what do you think will happen to the Al Queida? What do think will happen in Iraq and Afghan?

Are we better with our soldiers in the region to provide a presence or is it better to have those areas vacant before Iraq and Afghan are capable of defending themselves?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine306
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:06 PM

i think we need to bring our troops home.  and if we get attacked again, at least we will have our troops here to defend us.  we're practically sitting ducks right now... 

we're doing all we can to help those countries, but there is a point where we cut our losses and remember that our first priority is here.

twinmamaof3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I want the troops out however that is not possible at the moment.  If we leave now we will be considered cowards and they will think they had won the fight.  Do I think we have business there?  no imo we dont.  Most (that I worked with) soldiers agree that there is not a good reason for us to e there ut they (we) just do our jobs.  the President is the commander of the military we do what he says.

prego7386
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM

do i fear an attack on the us again..no. i just had my baby food and stroller laser scanned at an air port lol. As far as what would happen over there...well chances are one of two things...the bad guys would try to rise up and the people would have to figure out if their country is worth fighting for and/or other stronger countries would come in and take over small pieces most likely dismantling and taking advantage of a weakened government...they are a house of straw right now..one deep breath and its over.  As long as my husband has what he needs to do his job then i feel confident that he is trained and smart enough to be ok if he was sent...yes the iud'sare a bad problem but i have faith that he is a smart strong capably Marine and can handle what is put before him..would i rather him not go..yes but if he has to i understand that too.

Juliekat23
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:09 PM

I think we need to finish the job before we leave.  So, yes, I fear for the safety of this country if we pull out now.  As it sits, the Taliban/Al-Queida is getting stronger and we are losing more lives now than we were.

Its like going in and starting a fight with a bully.  You hit him enough to put him on the ground and p*ss him off and then leave.  Now you just have a mad guy that is going to want to hurt you even worse than before.  Best to finish the job.

Not the best analogy-sorry.  Blame the pregnancy brain

CafeMom Tickers

kaker104
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Its time to let Iraq set up their government. We're done there. Afghanastan is a different story however. If we pull out they will just gather together and attack us. Atleast if we're there, we're keeping them busy til we finally finish this thing. But yes, we need more troops there. 

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM

No I am afraid of another attack WHILE we are over seas with 30,000 + trooops, that leaves us MORE vaunerable in my opinion to attacks on our own soil.

monkeysmom2003
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM

this

Quoting lovemymarine306:

i think we need to bring our troops home.  and if we get attacked again, at least we will have our troops here to defend us.  we're practically sitting ducks right now... 

we're doing all we can to help those countries, but there is a point where we cut our losses and remember that our first priority is here.

.(I'm Mexican but raised in the USA) I'm a stay at home mom of two kids  . a five year old boy and a two year old girl .they are my world .. my dh is American and we met in high school .we got secretly married on march 19 2003.. during spring break .  and on our honeymoon we each went to our own home to sleep , also i do believe in a god , but not in the bible. I express my self better in Spanish!

NikiOcasio
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I dont think pulling out tommorrow if it was to happen would end very well. the way i see it we are in this war to win. no back out. we started something and we need to finish it.  what would these soldiers who have died been fighting for then? we would have lost so many loved ones for what? for us to just pull out? they would have died for nothing then. However iraq it is time for us to let them be they are in more of a position to take control over their country afghanistan is a whole nother story, that country is in no position to just haul ass outta the country

kaker104
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Nope. Its perfect. Think of it kinda like what Japan did to us. Hit and run. Then we get up, dust ourselves off and knock the shit out of em

Quoting Juliekat23:

I think we need to finish the job before we leave.  So, yes, I fear for the safety of this country if we pull out now.  As it sits, the Taliban/Al-Queida is getting stronger and we are losing more lives now than we were.

Its like going in and starting a fight with a bully.  You hit him enough to put him on the ground and p*ss him off and then leave.  Now you just have a mad guy that is going to want to hurt you even worse than before.  Best to finish the job.

Not the best analogy-sorry.  Blame the pregnancy brain

simplee_me
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:18 PM

No.

Nothing in Iraq had anything to do with the first one.

Nothing in Afghanistan had anything to do with it either.

If any entity wants to try for another attack on  US soil they will do so. No matter where our military is engaged. In fact. Our military being quagmired like it is, is actually beneficial to those who would want to make an attempt on US soil, not a deterrent.

Al Quaida had no involvement in Iraq.  The only the Afghanistan had to do with Al Quaida is that 1) that's where We (the US governemnt) started giving money/weapons/training to Osama Bin Laden and the guys that became the "Taliban"..  2) That's were Osama Bin Laden was initially hiding out right after 9/11, he's now been in Pakistan (if he's even still alive) for years.

The problem we face in Afghanistan is we installed a puppet President. He's knows it, the people of that country know it.  We can not allow him to be overthrown now by (who are gathering more support everyday because of how crooked Karzai is) the Taliban.  We at one time fully supported the Taliban, hell we still pay them money (yep US tax dollars) to now grow poppies.. LOL Which of course they still do.  We can not loose control of Afghanistan, we have 1 pipe line, 1 puppet government, a small foothold in the ME, and a place to watchover Nuclear Pakistan and other things  are at stake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)