Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why would you not watch??

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:04 PM
  • 38 Replies

so i know a lot of you moms aren't pleased with Obama and haven't been for a looong time but i still don't understand why i have seen moms on here saying they "choose not to watch" when he gives speeches. It has to do with YOUR country with what will happen that could possibly affect your children....i don't understand why someone would choose to not listen to the words straight from the horses mouth and leave themselves open to hear false or twisted info the next day form people who have a reason to put spin on things....it seems as if that is setting yourself up to be uneducated and its beyond me why anyone would willingly do that.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
im23vaughn
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:05 PM

clappingI am watching it (I recorded it) right now.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I avoid and ignore all news outlets while my husband is deployed. I simply do not want to know. My ignorance is bliss when he is gone.

And quite frankly I don't give a damn what anyone thinks about that.

imthatgirl728
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I have no "issues" with obama..but I still wouldn't watch. They're just fluff...written carefully to not actually say anything. I really have better things to do.

Jill0504
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I don't get it either, I made sure to watch it so I could be informed on what is going on with our country.

sll1976
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM

It's not just Obama...I don't want any of the presidential addresses and I am far from uneducated. 

prego7386
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM

i can understand this point...i told my husband if he gets deployed im blocking them all out ;P

Quoting wickedfiress:

I avoid and ignore all news outlets while my husband is deployed. I simply do not want to know. My ignorance is bliss when he is gone.

Saloria
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM

I choose not to watch because those are just prewritten speaches that he does very well depicting for a captivated audience. I choose to wait and hear what Senate or Congress are doing to change things because those are usually the things that actually get solved and the people that are actually solving it. Also my Dad works for the government so I call and ask him whats really going on and whats getting done.

mother_of_JGM
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Just because the horse said it doesnt mean the horse doesnt know how to lie! Are you telling me you believe EVERYTHING he says just because he said it, you dont think for one second that he would lie to cover his own ass, just like he lied about induced labor abortion, and an eye witness of this happening doesnt convince you he lied?  The actual words from the nurse who was asigned to take the baby to die in a room alone, it was born alive and was forced to die cold and hungry and alone in a dark room, screaming while others just pass by the room as though its nothing, not a human in there crying.

in love     toddler boy     expecting boy

Bryan & Robin   Jack Gerard   William James
           8/16/08                      12/5/08                   4/3/10 or 4/14/10

AJmum
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I agree and he lies just as much as the rest of them in my opinion.

Quoting wickedfiress:

MomofWildcats
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Because he babbles on forever and ever about stupid shit and when I yell shut the fuck up he  apparently can't hear me when I am sitting in my living room... so I read the paper.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)