Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go to counseling if your marriage was in jeopardy?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

What would you do to save your marriage?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
simplee_me
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:21 PM

That depends.

It depends on what types of problems or issues we're talking about.. Some I would try to work out. Some I would not.

AirForceWife412
we are actually in counseling now to fix our marriage.. i would do anything it took to save my marriage.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

JakeandEmmasMom

Yes, I would go to counseling if my marriage was in trouble.  I would do whatever I could to fix whatever was broken.

Seanswife05
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:37 PM

We just finished a few months ago and it was the best thing we ever did. We both went in hoping it would help us,but not really thinking it would. It was weird at first telling an outsider our problems, but it was great. Our marriage is so much better we know that no marriage is perfect but now we have the tools to make ours work and be happy. 

Tea4Tas
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Yes, in fact we were IN counseling for 5 years before we divorced!

But it takes TWO to get counseling-and if one person refuses to listen,,then there is nothing you can do.

And he STILL hasn't changed-12 years later....and never will-because he doesn't WANT to.

perfectkitten
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Yes, in fact we were IN counseling for 5 years before we divorced!

But it takes TWO to get counseling-and if one person refuses to listen,,then there is nothing you can do.

And he STILL hasn't changed-12 years later....and never will-because he doesn't WANT to.

I agree.

meghan451
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:52 PM

well i would love to go to counseling and see if there's something we can fix but sadly my husband would rather divorce me then go to counseling. 

CafeMom Tickers
shayliesmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:53 PM

YES YES YES!! I would do anything to save my marriage.

spastic_poodle

in it.  but christian marital counseling.  the other crap is like... "leave him if he's a douche."  ha.

JSA8914

We did counseling during our first year of marriage.  It helped, 5 years later, we're stronger than ever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)