Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do YOU know?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Do YOU know why we're in Afghanistan and/or Iraq?

Options:

I had no clue we we're in one or both countries

I know why we're in Iraq, but thats it

I know why we're in Afghanistan, but not Iraq

I pretty much know why we're in both countries

I try to stay informed, so I know why we're in both countries

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

vote and bump please!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM

okay you need an "other" b/c there is always an other -- LOL

and actually I do TRY to stay informed but also realize that to some extent the answer as to WHY we are in those countries is a matter of opinion.

Also, the SHMUCK has been hitting the fan if Afghanistan off and on for a LOOOOONG time.  There have been other times when 'stan has been hotter than Iraq BUT there was NOTHING in the media in the U.S.  I would have to go on the internet and read stories from the England, Australia (most often) and/or the international AP to find out about what was happening there.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I think it iss because the USMC is being nice to me and allowing me to be alone for my pregnancy so I do not have to deal with my husband's sympathy pains... Right?

jrp0606
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM
I find it incerdibly shocking that anyone could not realize that we are at war in both countries.

jrp0606
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:59 PM
There is something to be said about not having a husband around to get on your last nerve when preggers. DH managed to work it so he got home 2 wks before DS was born.
Quoting usmclife58:

I think it iss because the USMC is being nice to me and allowing me to be alone for my pregnancy so I do not have to deal with my husband's sympathy pains... Right?

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:04 PM

DH was not supposed to be home until after this one is due, but his CO told him last week that he was getting sent home a month early so he can be here for the birth :D

(Not completely getting my hopes up, but it is a nice thought, lol!)

Quoting jrp0606:

There is something to be said about not having a husband around to get on your last nerve when preggers. DH managed to work it so he got home 2 wks before DS was born.
Quoting usmclife58:

joci2203
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I know we are there, and no I am not well-informed on anything recent.  From what I do know, I do not think we should be there.  Although, in regards to the other post no one should be condemned just because they do not know something that you do.

jrp0606
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:21 PM
That's pretty much how it worked out for us. I think I drove everyone crazy the last month worrying that he wouldn't get home in time.
Quoting usmclife58:

DH was not supposed to be home until after this one is due, but his CO told him last week that he was getting sent home a month early so he can be here for the birth :D

Quoting jrp0606:

Quoting usmclife58:

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Well, I have resolved myself that I will be doing it solo. I am afraid if I let myself think he is going to be here, and then something happens and he does not make it, I will not handle it too well. BUT, if he does make it, it will be even better.

Quoting jrp0606:

That's pretty much how it worked out for us. I think I drove everyone crazy the last month worrying that he wouldn't get home in time.
Quoting usmclife58:

jrp0606
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:31 PM
We'll say a little prayer to keep him safe and for him to make it home in time.
Quoting usmclife58:

Well, I have resolved myself that I will be doing it solo. I am afraid if I let myself think he is going to be here, and then something happens and he does not make it, I will not handle it too well. BUT, if he does make it, it will be even better.

Quoting jrp0606:

Quoting usmclife58:

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Quoting jrp0606:

We'll say a little prayer to keep him safe and for him to make it home in time.
Quoting usmclife58:

Quoting jrp0606:

Quoting usmclife58:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)