Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to conceive questionTMI warning : )

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

Alright ladies, Im new to the whole "actively trying to conceive" thing. I have no idea how to "chart" or watch my "cycle". I know that I am not ovulating...It is actually the week before my period is due. Is it still possible to conceive ?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ajswenson
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Right now you most likely are not fertile.  The best tool for charting and all the good stuff I found was in a book called, Taking Charge of your Fertility.  Awesome book that I think all females should read.  I know my DD will be getting it when she hits puberty.  Anyway, the tale tell sign your are ovulating is a egg white consistency stretchy discharge.  TMI there but that's what helps the swimmers get to the egg.  Good luck.

Bellalicious
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Thank you for the info on the book. : )   I know when I ovulate...I just wondered if there was still a chance, even a slim one? Hmm...I need to learn more about my body huh?!

MamaKalila
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Quoting Bellalicious:

Thank you for the info on the book. : )   I know when I ovulate...I just wondered if there was still a chance, even a slim one? Hmm...I need to learn more about my body huh?!

Only if something caused a delay in ovulation.. stress, illness, whatever.. it can happen. I second the book recommendation btw... I use their software to chart even & love it :-)

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket http://www.youravon.com/kmery
jenniepepsi
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM
mommy2angels000
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM

There's a TTC group on here full of every question/answer you can think of! lol

atlshine
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:08 PM

There's ALWAYS a chance you can conceive. My period is very, very regular but I got pregnant in the week after my ovulation. Chances are highest during ovulation but the chance is still there at any time.

Phoenix_sp
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:10 PM

You most fertile from 3 days before ovulation to 3 days after (those are the days you should get busy).  BUT theres always a chance that you ovulate late or early one month depending on diet, stress, cold/flu, etc. so yes, it is possible.  Not likely but possible!

MamaKalila
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:12 PM

The week after you thought you ovulated... You can have all the symptoms that its gonna happen and then it delay... (mine does that almost every month.. I'm not sure why lol) but the egg only lasts so long after ovuation (about a day). A week is not possible.

Quoting atlshine:

There's ALWAYS a chance you can conceive. My period is very, very regular but I got pregnant in the week after my ovulation. Chances are highest during ovulation but the chance is still there at any time.

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket http://www.youravon.com/kmery
teacup714
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM

you cant be 100% sure on when you ovulate unless you get a fertility test.... when i had DS, i did the math, and figured that the only possible time that we conceived was 3 days before i got my period... it was a drunken birthday moment.... lol....

Quoting Bellalicious:

Alright ladies, Im new to the whole "actively trying to conceive" thing. I have no idea how to "chart" or watch my "cycle". I know that I am not ovulating...It is actually the week before my period is due. Is it still possible to conceive ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)