Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids and DHS/CPS...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM
  • 76 Replies

I have been dealing with DHS/CPS since Aug 2006. My children were removed from my home in March 2007, because my house was "dirty" (16 dishes in my sink and a small pile of dust on my kitchen floor... oh and 3 of my 4 had the stomach bug)

In all of this I have been divorced once and remarried and am now in the process of getting divorced again... however I am happily engaged to someone else.

My 4 children have been split up based on who has whih father (oldest 2 have one dad and youngest 2 have other dad).

The youngest 2 live in the same town as me with their dad and he has not been letting me see them as the court order says, he will not respond to my phone calls or text messages...

The oldest 2 live 17 hours away from me with their paternal grandparents. I am allowed to talk to them and see them when I can, however lately there has been issues with people answering their phones like they are supposed to. I go to court every about 6 months and I am not scheduled to go back until March 2010.

I guess what I am asking is for suggestions on what I should do in the mean time about them not answering phones and keeping contact with me like the court order says?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaeHamMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Other then filing a motion to go back to court sooner there is nothing (that i know of) that you can do.

Sorry. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

Other then filing a motion to go back to court sooner there is nothing (that i know of) that you can do.

Sorry. 

x 2  that is all i can think of doing unless you have a lawyer to help you out.

alishabear0808
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I have tried getting in to talk to the Judge and they told me I have to wait... :(

Swtmama62205
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:03 PM

there is something more to this story.  No one is going to take your kids away for the reasons you listed and keep them away for that long.  I do want to help you, But in order for people to help you, you have to tell the whole story

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Quoting Swtmama62205:

there is something more to this story.  No one is going to take your kids away for the reasons you listed and keep them away for that long.  I do want to help you, But in order for people to help you, you have to tell the whole story

Agreed.

shecallsmemom04
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM

pretty much, and this was more than 2 years ago, why have you not tried to get them back?  focus a little less on all the men you want to marry and divorce and go fight for your kids honey, otherwise at some point you will regret it.

Quoting Swtmama62205:

if you are one of those overly annoying people, who seem to get offended over every little thing, and like to pull out the "judgemental" card....please, do not quote me.  i don't pay attention to stupid and i do not deal with whiners. 

get yourself a tissue, grow up, and move on.  and have a great day.  :-)

MaeHamMomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM

That's what I was thinking too.

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

Quoting Swtmama62205:

Agreed.

alwaysyoung
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Quoting MaeHamMomma:

Sorry. 

Tatumsmommy0123
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Quoting Swtmama62205:

Digital Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com

shemarty
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Quoting Swtmama62205:

I was wondering about the same reasons. Dont ppl get too busy for hours to not be able to clean; sounds like normal busy to sometimes leave dirty plates in the sink. Too bad, really if that is how.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)