Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have kids born around Christmas??

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM
  • 61 Replies

My dd's b-day is 12-19 and my son's b-day is 11-28. With that being said my two kids were born around Xmas. Do you feel since your child/ren were born so close to xmas, that they get ripped off?

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommybug77
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM

12/22. No she gets seperate presents from everyone.

RheaF
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Yep DS was born on the 23rd last year. We actually came home christmas morning. This is our first year so hopefully he wont feel that way. We are having his party on the 5th.

Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.    ~Proclamation, September 23,1995~

KT9105

My birthday is 12/12 and yes I was robbed.  But what are you gonna do?  Can't change your birthday.

MichelleJ1000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:10 PM

My oldest was born January 1st.  When she was little I used to tell her the whole world celebrated her birthday.  Then when she got a little older she found out it was a holiday.

MalreeRose1208

DH was born 12/30...and he felt he got ripped off, so when he got older he told his family to celebrate it on 6/30 instead...so now he gets two birthdays!

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:11 PM

One of my sons was born on 1/14.  We like it because we take advantage of all the toys that go on clearance after Christmas.  Target always has a ton. 

ToriBabe1221

my son was born 3 weeks after christmas. so i guess hes close?

i dont really feel he got "ripped off" per se.. because we still celebrate his birthday and get him gifts and throw a party and all that...

but i do think it kinda sucks being so close to christmas. you get ALL KINDS of new stuff and play with it for what.. a month? and then your bored, lol or you get a bunch of winter clothes as gifts, and nothing for the summer.. lol

im a summer baby myself, i loved having a party with family and gifts and what not every 6 months, lol

neyon226

My daughter has a birthday 3 weeks after Christmas, and when she was little, it was tough, because she just got bombarded with too many gifts and there wasn't much left to get her afterward.  Now, she's into the American Girl dolls, so I buy the girl of the year for her every year.  But that's going to end soon because she will grow out of it.  But she hasn't gotten a combination gift from anyone.

shecallsmemom04
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:12 PM

my kids were born on january 19th and january 20th, and another due the first week in january 2010.

halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, new years, 3 back to back birthdays, valentines day, my birthday, and easter...all in 5 months...it's fun.  LOL.

but no, they've never gotten ripped off.   

if you are one of those overly annoying people, who seem to get offended over every little thing, and like to pull out the "judgemental" card....please, do not quote me.  i don't pay attention to stupid and i do not deal with whiners. 

get yourself a tissue, grow up, and move on.  and have a great day.  :-)

mother_of_JGM
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:12 PM

My sons first bday is this saturday!!!!! I already promised myself I would not let that happen as my bday is 10 days after christmas, and I ALWAYS got christmas/bday presents!!!! and I NEVER had a special day for just me.

in love     toddler boy     expecting boy

Bryan & Robin   Jack Gerard   William James
           8/16/08                      12/5/08                   4/3/10 or 4/14/10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)