Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I bought her a high back booster

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:13 PM
  • 4 Replies

Don't worry, she's not three years old or anything.

I bought my 8-yr-old a high back booster today.  She has been in a LBB since she was 4 or 5 yrs old.  She probably should have been harnessed until she was at least 6 (she has always been small) but I had never heard of ERF or EH back then.  For awhile now I have been wishing she was harnessed longer and then moved to a HBB but it was too late.  Well, today at Target she saw a HBB with a cute cover and a mini booklight built in.  I asked if she wanted it.  At first she said it was for babies, but I pointed out the tag which said "Big Kid Booster" and had the height/weight limits (which she is way under).  She then got really excited and said she wanted it, so I bought it!  The limit is 100 lbs/57 inches (and she is only 54 lbs/49 inches) so it will fit her for awhile.  She estimated she will sit in it until she is 10 or 11 lol.  And she told me if anyone makes fun of her she will say "Why would you possibly make fun of me for something that keeps me safer in an accident?"

My SO is going to think I'm nuts when he comes home and sees it, lol.  But I know it offers more crash protection than a LBB so I don't care!

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BFMomma08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:14 PM

how cute!  what a grown up answer for the little pint!

maryb311
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Yay momma!! As soon as I get my bigger car I am putting 7 yr old dd back in hers. I have my 9month old RF (duh) my 2 yr old ERF and drive a Camry!! lol They don't all fit!!!

luvourboys
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I am so glad to hear of another mother getting HBB for their older kids.  I still have my 8 and 9 year old in HBB.  My 9 yo only weighs 52lbs.

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:36 PM

That's great!  A lot of DD's friends aren't even in boosters anymore.  Some of them are big enough that they don't need them but some should probably still be in them.

Quoting luvourboys:

I am so glad to hear of another mother getting HBB for their older kids.  I still have my 8 and 9 year old in HBB.  My 9 yo only weighs 52lbs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)