Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought I felt safe in my town.....

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

And then tonight my dh calls me on his way to work and said he stopped at the gas station to get a soda and all the doors were locked. A lady came up to the door and my dh said all he wanted was a soda so she let him in. He asked what was going on and she said there had been 5 break in's tonight in out town....wft people! This is a military town so I know there are all kinds of people here but still. 5 in one night. So now I am all paranoid and going to have dd sleep and my dogs sleep with me. And have my gun readily available! I will never understand why ppl feel the need to rob other people.

I am just hoping that since my dh said they were all businesses that got robbed so i don't know of they would turn to houses but guess you will never know.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ajswenson
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:19 PM

My little town is having issues with this too.  UGH!

sent4u5041
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:20 PM

My mom said it's cause the holidays...which probably is...but still.

Quoting ajswenson:

My little town is having issues with this too.  UGH!

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:29 PM

Crime always increases around the holidays and with so many people hurting for money, that makes it even worse.  People get really desperate.  Everyone needs to be careful because there are a lot of people willing to do anything to get what they want/need right now.  If they can't do it legitimately, they will do it illegally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)