Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoyed with the DR today!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I am just venting and didn't realize what a door knob this new DR is!! Does he really need to put his nose where it does not belong.  I took our DS to the DR today for a wart on his toe, no biggie, he's not sick or anything..so being it a new DR he ran though his and our history a bit..ask ??s about the health of the family, other children in the family and ages.. DH and I have a 9 yo, 3 yo and a 1yo...  Then said is he coughing, runny nose fever or anything like that?  I said no, we are here just for this wart (This was after explaining 2 times prior to him).  no biggie right? I thought so...so the DR is just staring at me, looks to as if he counts on his fingers by his side and then says...wow what a gap you have in those ages!!  Hinting around to like are they from the same father??!!  Got that from our dental hygienist a year ago when I was prego with the 1 yo.  All I said to him was it's what worked for us and we like it this way.  He does not need to know the details of why we choose to wait.  The time was not right and when it was, we were blessed with 2 more wonderful additions.  Seriously, some people choose to have kids spaced out and not back to back.  owell, he was very detailed and all...just aggravating as I've gotten this a few times before.  Just my little vent for the night.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
3kidz4me
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Wow....you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder about something. You are actually angry at a doctor for doing a detailed exam on your child? Most mom's would appreciate the extra time that a dr. like this spent on their child. As for the wart, warts are caused by viruses and the doctor was asking pertinent questions to help your child.

a_and_j_momma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I agree....good lord. He was just making conversation. I've had people say to me "your kids are far apart" and I don't feel like being a b. It's a fact...my kids are far apart, big whoop. I don't sit there and think, they're wondering if they're by the same father. Obviously something else is bugging you. Damn him for going over your family history too *rolls eyes*

Quoting 3kidz4me:

Wow....you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder about something. You are actually angry at a doctor for doing a detailed exam on your child? Most mom's would appreciate the extra time that a dr. like this spent on their child. As for the wart, warts are caused by viruses and the doctor was asking pertinent questions to help your child.

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM

I agree.  You seem a bit hyper sensitive about that age gap........I think your'e reading way too much into it.

Quoting 3kidz4me:

Mommy2Allanah
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Agreed. My kids will most likely have a huge age gap as well as my dd is already 2 1/2 and I am just now getting back into school. No more until I finish!!! I wouldnt care what anyone thought! What does it matter anyway?

Quoting Kylie819:

I agree.  You seem a bit hyper sensitive about that age gap........I think your'e reading way too much into it.

Quoting 3kidz4me:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)