Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-section mommys, HELP! 4 months post-op and problem after problem...

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM
  • 15 Replies

I had a c-section August 9th. Everything was healing up just fine til about 3 weeks ago. 3 small "holes" opened up, and it took an antibiotic plus antibiotic cream to get those to start healing up (and they're still not completely closed).

I noticed late last week, around Friday that there was a small hard lump right beneath the incision. I called my OB and the nurse said no biggie, just scar tissue. Well, today I notice the hard lump is below AND above the incision line, much larger, and is now red all around it.

Has anyone gone through this so late post-op? If so, what did it turn out to be??? I'm just so tired of all this!  

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3boyz1princess
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Sounds like you have an infection..Poss a ingrown hair or just scar tissue thats infected.  Call OBGYN and go in.  You might need some antibiotics.  As far as little holes get some steri strips to hold close untill healed or use some medical tape.  But call your doctor and talk to him/her not the nurse.. I have had 4 c-section and never a problem

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

15YR             13YR            5YR             4YR

SharoninKy

I didnt have any issues with my c-sec. but if I were you I would have it looked out as soon as possible.  Maybe you are doing too much too soon after having the baby.

AJmum

Well I have had both of my incisions reopen and tear. Both times they started that way. But I have been told both times that there was nothing they could do until it reopened. But I would mention it. Both of mine happened within a few weeks also, not that long......definatly ask the dr to come in.

culinaryqueen
by Silver Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:46 PM

HMMMM, about three months after I had my son I developed a lump above my incision site and I showed my doctor and it was a small cyst, this scared me but within time it went away but from what you are describing IF IT WAS ME, I would make and appt to have my ob take a look at it.  The lumpy would not bother me, but the redness would.  I hope this suggestion helps.  Take Care.

caiti
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Well, I know my condition is abnormal, but it took me about 10 months for my incision to completely close, and I'm still not normal. I have a disease called hidradenitis suppurativa that causes boils in my cooter area. The boils attacked my incision and kept me completely wide open for about 5 months, very very painful. But yeah, it completely closed and after I had the staples out, ripped completely back open. It's taken lots of drugs/salves to get me semi-normal, and I still have quite a yeast problem there. Sorry if it's TMI or I scared you, but I'd be glad to answer any questions you have, my recommendation is Hibiclens, it's an antibacterial soap you can get from the pharmacy, and peroxide every other day or so. Saline solution if you're open.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Boy Stole my Heart

my2girls299
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM

i had something that seems to sound something like what you are describing.... it was only a few weeks after though. the spot i had started to get red then after a few days it started looking like a blood blister. (The Dr had use a "Pain Ball" after my section and it cut something inside me and my stomach was full of blood) The blood blister finally opened upp and all of that blood came out there. It was DISGUSTING and took like 2 weeks to completely drain out, but it was such a HUGE relief. I had had fevers and felt horrible before it came out. Have you been sick like that with it? Also now i do have Some hardness with the scar so i would imagine some is normal... i hope everything gets better for you!

mommy2angels000
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:52 PM

I've had 2 c-sections and never experienced any of this so I'd make a point for your doctor to check it out.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Don't know if yours is the same thing, but a few weeks after mine I noticed it was yellish around it and looked like fluid leaking out from the middle. I went to the dr. and he had to reopen it and drain all the fluid from it leaving a huge hole from where the fluid prevented it from healing up properly. I didn't have any infection though... I had to have a nurse come out once a day and make sure the gauze was "stuffed" in right and my son's father had to redress it 3 times a day. It took about 6 weeks for it to heal. It really felt wierd having a huge hole in my belly... it was really gross. I'd go to the dr. ASAP. 

VAMPLUVR3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Could be cellulitis...you should be seen asap. 

ramzmomma
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:57 PM

The hard stuff under the skin, is the scar tissue.. mine was really really hard and it get's un noticeable after a while. It'll always itch, expecially when you sweat.

As far as the holes and the red, I dunno - possible infection?

But mine was red for a while after.

How`s my pregnancy doing? 

two yr old bday ticker  

Lilypie - (W5DI)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)