Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Concerned about air quality in my daughter's room

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

This may be stupid....but I feel like the air in my daughter's room has a heaviness or thickness....like when your breathing humid air.  She tends to cough a lot during the nite lately, my dh says I'm looking into it too much.

What do you think?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:46 PM

You can buy dehumidifiers if you are worried about it.  If it is humid in there, you can also try cracking a window just  a little.

JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:52 PM

Do you own or rent?  Hubby works in HVAC and just installed a UV light in our central heat and air.  It filters the air and kills practically everything in it.  Or maybe your ducts need cleaned if you have them?  BTW those portable air purifiers clean about 1 sq foot so they don't do any good really.  I love our new system though!  DS is allergic to Christmas trees we discovered last Christmas.  His nose ran all season long.  Not a problem now though.  The light kills everything that was bothering him.  I seriously forget that the windows are not open sometimes because the air is so fresh in here!  If it gets turned off I feel like I can't breathe.

They're not cheap though.  For us it was only $80 but for a customer it would have been I do believe hubby said $500.

3kidz4me
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Maybe you have a mold or mildew problem in her room. If you have a raised foundation someone can crawl under there and see if they see mold or moisture. Also,  check your daughter's room very carefully and see if you see any moisture problems. Good luck!

mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:04 PM

if the weather is nice open a window if not i would buy an air purifier and put it in there

http://www.cafemom.com/group/drmfreemama   Come join drama free mama's!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

dusky_rose
by Sue on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:11 PM

There is a product that will lower the humidity of the room called DampRid. I use it, its a container that you pour these crystals in and they absorb water in the air and the water collects in the bottom half of the container. You could put it on the top shelf of her closet (out of her reach). I have found it at Fred Meyers or I have seen a similiar product at the dollar store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)