Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very important question

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ok hahaha not really but it's important to me!

I am preping for a colonoscopy tomorrow so of course can't eat anything, but coffee was on the ok list of things to have.

So my question is...is their any dairy products in a starbucks mocha frap with NO whip cream? I am starving, I need something to take the edge off haha.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CallieLynsMommy
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Not sure but good luck tomorrow. I've had 2 colonoscopies, I have to have one every year from now on. You can't have anything after midnight I'm assuming, right? I was stuck on chicken broth and jello the day before...yum!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Mahatma Gandhi
teacup714
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:43 PM

jello.... orange... youre not supposed to have anything red cuz it can look like blood...

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Thanks! I am 23 and going on my 2nd colonoscopy, yeay me, hahaha not...im sorry that you have to now do it every year, but better safe than sorry! We don't even have jello or chicken broth, and coffee fills me up so I am like geeezzz get me some haha...anyway thanks and good luck to you too.

Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

Not sure but good luck tomorrow. I've had 2 colonoscopies, I have to have one every year from now on. You can't have anything after midnight I'm assuming, right? I was stuck on chicken broth and jello the day before...yum!

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Yeah I know about all that, wedont have jello, i hate it anyway, and I know not to drink after midnight but it's not even 8 pm here yet...coffee usually fills me up so i am trying to get some relief of an empty stomach...when my tummy gets too empty i feel like i am going to barf, unfortunatly so it would be nice to have something other than water right now.

Quoting teacup714:

jello.... orange... youre not supposed to have anything red cuz it can look like blood...

StrayMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Yes there is dairy in a frapp, its essentially a blended latte.

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Seriously?! I am not a huge coffee fanatic, i just know that i like it and it taste good. Can i ask for it dairy free?

Quoting StrayMom:

StrayMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:54 PM

No, the mix is premade.  Even if you did, you would just be asking for black coffee blended with ice...which I guess you could ask them for.  Not sure that will taste good though.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Seriously?! I am not a huge coffee fanatic, i just know that i like it and it taste good. Can i ask for it dairy free?

Quoting StrayMom:

StrayMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Wait...DH just told me you can ask for a soy one maybe, if your starbucks has soy milk, if you can even have soy milk (I dunno).

Quoting StrayMom:

No, the mix is premade.  Even if you did, you would just be asking for black coffee blended with ice...which I guess you could ask them for.  Not sure that will taste good though.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting StrayMom:

anikahaynes1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:57 PM

That crossed my mind as well but I know NOTHING about soy...weird...hmmm we live in orange county cal, I am sure they have soy milk but still...grrr...I think i'll just starve it out haha...thanks for the help! :)

Quoting StrayMom:

Wait...DH just told me you can ask for a soy one maybe, if your starbucks has soy milk, if you can even have soy milk (I dunno).

Quoting StrayMom:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting StrayMom:

2boys2luv83
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Sorry you cant have soy milk either.  I work for a GI and we say essentially anything you can see through.  NO DAIRY, but soy milk is essentially the same...sorry I wouldn't risk it and risk having a "bad" prep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)