Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:56 PM
  • 2 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you been affected?

Options:

Yes, and I did something about it.

Yes, but I didn't do anything

No, but I feel bad for not doing anything

No, don't care. "My kid, my choice."

Other, because there's always an other. :)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 12

View Results

There are a lot of people that call people "nazi's" for being passionate about something. What I'm curious about is...how many of you have changed the way you think or parent because of some of the passionate people on Cafemom?

For example, how many of you thought it wasn't necessary to ERF or breastfeed but because of some of the "nazi's" on Cafemom have changed their tune?

This is PURELY out of curiosity. No bashing is needed here. I've just read from some ladies on here that said (for example, NOT using anyone's exact quotes here) "Because of the 'nazi's' on this site, I realized how important it was to breastfeed my child." Or "Because of the 'nazi's' on Cafemom, I realized how important it was to ERF because it's 5x safer and didn't know any of the facts or statistics until someone said something on here."

I'll add a poll just incase you don't want to say you've personally been affected. If you want to share, please, feel free!

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sirenabella
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:09 PM

I haven't changed my mind about anything due to the "nazis." I have looked into things after having open-minded discussions with ppl who were willing to talk with me, listen to my views and share theirs. Ppl who go on about their way is the only right way piss me off and I tune them out.  

chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Quoting Sirenabella:

I haven't changed my mind about anything due to the "nazis." I have looked into things after having open-minded discussions with ppl who were willing to talk with me, listen to my views and share theirs. Ppl who go on about their way is the only right way piss me off and I tune them out.  

That makes sense. Then again, I never understood why anyone would 'tune out' people with facts. I guess the way they present themselves has to do with it...but at the same time, when someone tells you that your child could be 5x safer or something of that nature, that definitely makes me open my ears.

Whenever someone asks me something about breastfeeding or extended rear facing, I try and talk to them with an open mind...but at the same time, telling facts. Some people don't really know the difference....some people are super passionate about the subjects and people with opposing views think they're coming off too strong.

I'm doing a persuasive speech in my public speaking class in a few weeks so I'm going to try and do it without a "bitch, you better do this or else" attitude, lol. It sucks because I'm passionate about a lot of things and come off the 'wrong way' to certain people...but I always try and give facts and statistics to back up my 'opinions.'

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)