Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

P.O'ed at Netflix

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:02 PM
  • 12 Replies

Why is it every time I put a new release on my Queue, if I don't get it the day it comes out, it immediately goes to Very long/long/short wait? I had one Mickey Mouse movie on my queue since the day it came out, and couldn't get it for almost 2 months. I have Four Christmases on there, and it's on very long wait. I guarantee I'm not getting that until January 2nd. There are 5 other movies on my queue that are on long wait. I am really thinking about canceling Netflix since my husband has just been getting the New Releases at the Redbox. No sense in paying for Netflix when I'm not even getting any movies I want from them.

Anyone else have this problem?

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liddellmama
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I still get the movies even though they say they are on a very long wait.  sarcasm 

HeatherMae55
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:05 PM

If it's not at the VERY top of your list, but it's at the very top of everyone elses, they will send it to them first and you'll be wait listed.

AnitaBlakeWasHereO.gif Anita Blake Vampire Hunter image by nicole-87-18anitablake.jpg Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter image by Dixie_Isis

luvbeingamommy3
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:06 PM

right now I have 28 movies and one is Four Christmases and that is the only one that has a long wait. all the others are ready now. I have never had that problem with them. This is the only movie I have ever had that said long wait in the 2 years I have been with them. sorry you are having trouble

snowpeasmom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Quoting liddellmama:

I still get the movies even though they say they are on a very long wait.  sarcasm 

ditto I didn't turn my movies in until tues and I had star trek at the top of my que and I thought for sure because it was release on TUESDAY that I wouldn't get it, I didn't but on thrusday I turned in a dvd and got it on Saturday!!! Same thing with Angels and Demons it said long wait and I got it right away. Sorry but even though it says long wait 9 times out of 10 I get them when I send a movie back, or if not that time the next.

baby growth

galaxy questcosleeping mommyProud Work At Home Mom Blinkiehomebirth blinkie

isaacs_wifey
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:27 AM

THAT HAPPENED TO ME, BUT THEN I FOUND OUT THAT IF YOU SEARCH FOR THE NEW MOVIES (EVEN ONES IN THEATHERS) YOU CAN SAVE IT ON YOUR LIST AND IT WILL SHOW THE DATE IT IS RELEASED AND YOU WILL BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO GET IT, (IT WORKED FOR ME) HOPE THAT WORKS FOR YA

jjessers
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I absolutely LOVE Netflix......I've had it for years.....we also Love the instant streaming right to the TV :)

It seems you are picking extremely popular movies right now....it's just like going to blockbuster and wanting a new release but they are all out.

They do have a feature that you can put a new release on your Queue before  it's even released. I have done that and gotten them as soon as they are in. :)

Make sure to put the movies you want to see right away ...as number one in the Queue list as well.

jjessers
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Yeah...I got Star Treck right away.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

Quoting liddellmama:

ditto I didn't turn my movies in until tues and I had star trek at the top of my que and I thought for sure because it was release on TUESDAY that I wouldn't get it, I didn't but on thrusday I turned in a dvd and got it on Saturday!!! Same thing with Angels and Demons it said long wait and I got it right away. Sorry but even though it says long wait 9 times out of 10 I get them when I send a movie back, or if not that time the next.

KT9105
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM

We only use the Watch Instantly stuff, so idk.  We've never ordered a dvd.

ameliasmama1
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Quoting liddellmama:

kndmom75
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM

We never had much of a problem with getting new ones when they came out if they were in the queue for awhile and at the very top.  We'd make sure the movie we were sending back was there on a Monday so that way they'd send out the new release so it would be to us on Tuesday when you can rent them at stores.  The only times we ever had troubles or were on the waiting list for a new release was if it wasn't number 1 on our list or the movie we sent back didn't get there until Tuesday and they had already shipped out the movie to other people.  I think it can also depend on where you live and how many people request it in your area at the same time.  Now we have the streaming on the tv and don't get many movies in the mail.  I'm fine waiting a few months to get something brand new or if I don't want to wait I can always hit the redbox early Tues mornings and it's not often I'm all over a new release.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)