Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

while you're busy shopping.... vent

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm sorry but this really is pissing me off and it needs to be said. Yes, we are at war. Not just in Iraq. More troops have died in Afganistan than in Iraq in the last 6 months. We were in Afganistan before Iraq and the War is against Terror not Iraq. I'm amazed at home many people seem to have no idea not only where their tax dollars are going but also where and why thousand of men and woman are going to be puttin their lives at risk. So next time you are busy shopping and enjoying your freedom remember that someone died so you could do that. I am truly speechless that people think the war is over.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SamiJo3889
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:36 PM

very well said. i had a problem with my neighbor a few weeks ago, i told him my husband was fighting for his freedom to be an ass.(him being my neighbor)

CafeMom Tickers
lvnmylif
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:36 PM

I don't really get what shopping has to do with recognizing the struggles of our soldiers but OK I'll go with it.  Not everybody cares.  Everyone should care about things like politics, economy, foreign policy, humanity but not everyone does.  What is the sense in getting yourself all worked up over it?  Nothing is going to change.  They still aren't going to care.  The troops still aren't coming home until their time is served.  Do what you can for those you love and don't worry yourself with people who keep their heads in the sand. 

AMom29
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:37 PM

If you are responding to the other post, she admitted that she doesn't even watch the news, so I wouldn't get too upset over that.

People are ignorant all over.

joci2203
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Well I must say this, people have the right to choose to join that fight, and they have a right not to. 

enchantingspa
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:41 PM

clappingnicely said.  Thanks to all the men and women in our armed services and their families that give up so much for our freedoms.  It truly is appreciated by myself and my family.

Ladolcevita9
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Shopping, huh?

War, huh?? 

mommyin07n08
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:44 PM

My friends husband is in Iraq right now, he got there about 3 months ago, my other friends husband will be back in 2 days and missed the birth of his child 2 weeks ago (she wasnt due for another 9 days but had PE) and a 3 was just thankful that her hubby was home for thanksgiving for the first time since they got married.

jrp0606
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Its not just that one post there have been several tonight. Asking if we are at war? I thought the war is over. There's a pole going and its astounding that people are actuallt admitting that they didn't know we were in afghan. I guess it just pisses me off that we have friends that won't get to see their children grow up and there are Americans they died for who didn't even realize they were fighting.
Quoting AMom29:

If you are responding to the other post, she admitted that she doesn't even watch the news, so I wouldn't get too upset over that.

People are ignorant all over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)