Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me write a song about motherhood

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:57 PM
  • 1 Replies

Hello I my name is Heidi. I am 21 years old and I am a singer songwriter. I play guitar and do mostly acoustic music like jason mraz and jack johnson. I feel their are not enough songs that really get the everyday mother. You know the ones that bend over backwards for their little ones and the ones who want to pull their own hair out at times but manage to keep it together for their family. 

I want to know about you. In one paragraph tell me something that describes you as a mother, single mother, teen mother, wife, or fiance. It can be a crazy story. A sad story. Or even a hilarious story. Or even a message to your own kids. Try to be as eloquent and descriptive as you can be. 

I'll go first.

To My darling monkey Lorelai, 

For 9 months I took care of myself the best that I could so that you would be born healthy. But that whole time I carried you I never made a  bonding connection and I was severely depressed.  And I am ashamed of myself for that and now I devote myself to you because when I first saw you wake up from in the doctors hands I looked into your eyes and felt the most tremendous amount of love for you as if I had loved you my whole life. To this day you make that same face you made since birth every time I watch you wake up from your naps. I love you monkey and these past 17 months of your life have brought me and your father great joy. 

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
HeidiPal
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 12:50 AM
bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)