Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby has cold, now his cries sound very hoarse

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:23 PM
  • 26 Replies

The Dr just keeps saying there is no need to bring him in because he has no fever. UGH

He has a cold, and now his cry is so hoarse and pitiful. He is eating, also is spitting up but always has spit up. I am using the humidifier, putting vicks on his feet with socks, and giving him tylenol. He still feels bad but this new hoarse-ness in his voice is freaking me out. Any input?

Oh, he is 4 and 1/2 months old.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NANA21
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Anyone????

CafeMom Tickers
NANA21
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM

What would you do?? Someone please talk to me, I am freaking out with worry.

CafeMom Tickers
KellyOh72
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Have you tried sitting with him in the bathroom with the shower on full blast hot and breathing the steam? Thats all I can think of. Good luck. Hope he feels better soon.

carolynhowell
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:35 PM
i was always told to use a vaporizor bc humidifiders can make you have a sore thoat. i know the spelling of that was all wrong sorry lol
NANA21

I have, and that really helps with the stuffy nose.  But whay do you think his cry sounds so hoarse?  OH and thank you for talking to me.

Quoting KellyOh72:

Have you tried sitting with him in the bathroom with the shower on full blast hot and breathing the steam? Thats all I can think of. Good luck. Hope he feels better soon.

CafeMom Tickers
stefvan

By hoarse do you mean croupy sounding?  If so, he needs to go in and he needs Orapred to reduce the inflammation in his throat. 

NANA21
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:36 PM

What is the difference between the two?  thank you

Quoting carolynhowell:

i was always told to use a vaporizor bc humidifiders can make you have a sore thoat. i know the spelling of that was all wrong sorry lol

CafeMom Tickers
NANA21
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I think it may be that croupy sound, but it isnt in the cough...its only when he cries...should I still keep asking them to see him?

Quoting stefvan:

By hoarse do you mean croupy sounding?  If so, he needs to go in and he needs Orapred to reduce the inflammation in his throat. 

CafeMom Tickers
DaisyAg2003
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Is he coughing?  If so, that could be a reason he is hoarse.

Call your doctor back and tell them that you would really put yourself at ease if they could see you.

Keep pushing the fluids.  Keep the humidifier running. 

We are fighting colds in our house and all the kids are whiny, but not running fever....it's been a long day!

NANA21
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 4:40 PM

He was coughing earlier, but not now.  I think I will call them  AGAIN.

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

Is he coughing?  If so, that could be a reason he is hoarse.

Call your doctor back and tell them that you would really put yourself at ease if they could see you.

Keep pushing the fluids.  Keep the humidifier running. 

We are fighting colds in our house and all the kids are whiny, but not running fever....it's been a long day!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN