• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO HAPPY!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:07 AM
  • 3 Replies

We went christmas shopping for our 2 girls today.  We had 70 bucks in cash to spend for all of them total.  We went to toys r us and spent a while walking around trying to get ideas.  Well I was getting depressed because the toys all cost so dang much.  I was in one isle and this lady just randomly stopped me and asked how old my girls were.  I said 2 and 5. She pointed to this dinky sign that said everything in front of me was 70% off!  I got the girls all their gifts, stuff I know they are going to love for $36 bucks!  Then I got some little stocking stuffers.  So we spent about 60 bucks on 2 girls for christmas!  I acheived the impossible =)  I have a 2 month old too and she got a non hand-me-down outfit.  I got a play store from the same company that did the rosepetal cottage and lots of accessories, and 1 sparkly toy unicorn for each of the girls.  they LOVE unicorns right now and these will be a big hit.  For stocking stuffers I got princess slippers and necklace, and a wond for each as well as a princess flashlight for my older dd and 3 small thomas the train bath toys for the younger(she loves thomas)  You may be thinking why a flashlight?  Well my daughter loves to turn on a flashlight and shine it on the floor and walls.  My 2 year old chases the light (yep like a cat does) and yells 'TINKERBELL!'  Because she thinks the light is tinkerbell. =)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
smbcwr04
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:10 AM

great job momma! and the thing about the flash light is  so funny, i can picture it now. 

MegB8402
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:10 AM

That's wonderful. And I agree with you everything is sooo expensive. We wanted to start my son on the Geotrax sets and just ONE train was $60 for the set. I got 5 trains and a ton of tracks nad accessories for $100 from this lady off of Craigslist. I guess her son didn't like them. lol.

Lvlyshawn
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Congrats to you!! It is a great feeling knowing your children will smile because they recieved items they want and you did it within budget. I start real Christmas shopping this week and i hope i get as lucky as you did and stay under my budget.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)